Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Spring Rain and Fun

Genevieve had her big art show at preschool during the last week of April. She was so proud of her week.
Guess who else was proud?
Crazy YaYa.
She was questioning G's teacher, Mrs. Norris, about the artistic process that was involved in the project.
Mrs. Norris is quite familiar with YaYa questions, and I love this picture of them.
I just adore G's teacher.  
She is younger than me, which is hard for my vain self to accept:)
I'm really not even close to being the young teacher anymore.
Gulp!



Bob had fewer questions.
Fewer=zero.
That's Bob and YaYa.
They balance each other out that way! 



Look!
Her parents came too.
Whenever my parents or T's parents are around, she acts like we aren't even there.


Her show was on a Thursday evening, and my parents took her home for a long 3 night stint!
Holler!

That evening I received my first duck face selfie.
My mother is hip to the vanity of social media culture.


I took a personal day to go to a doctor's appointment on Friday morning.
Then I met J for yoga and Patachou!
We sent this selfie to our teaching besties to gloat.


I'm not sure how jealous they were since we look like homemade sin in this picture.
But the joy... do you see the joy?
Cinnamon toast will give you that glow.
I can't believe it has been 10 years since we shared our firsties.

Meanwhile back in the Haute...


Mother and Genevieve participated in Mom's yoga class. 




Mom takes yoga in the Methodist church community room, so it lacks the ambiance of Invoke, but G loved it!
Those photos about made me keel over with laughter.
Mother said my child did not say ONE WORD during the hour long class.  
What?????
I guess her real yoga class taught her the art of silence?

T and I went to dinner one night at Revery, a lovely south side establishment.
They served cotton candy after dessert, so I was totally on board. 


I kept our romantic dinner interesting with my sketching.




Genevieve and Finn maintained their strong bond with shoe shopping.


That precious cat follows her around and lets her do whatever she wants.
I'm sure Kashmir is still hissing at her from Kitty Heaven.

On Saturday Trinity and I got our cocktail game on at Hotel Tango, a distillery in Fountain Square.


It was fabulous.

By then G was over photos and was denying my mother the joy of photogging  




That following week we celebrated Mrs. Norris during Teacher Appreciation week.  We brought Long's donuts one morning for the preschool teachers.
Now the south side of Indy doesn't have nearly as much to offer as the north side when it comes to food and dining.
But Long's.
We have Long's, and it is like a mile from our house.
So there's that. 


The weather has been so rainy.
I snapped my babies sharing umbrellas as they loaded the buses last week.  




Some days I cannot handle their cuteness.
I just love them so much!


May has been THE month for birthdays, and this little guy turned 7.


Seriously?
Is he not just adorable?
He is also smaller than G.
I'm not kidding.
Our birthday tradition in room 94 is that they get to pick a cake mix and icing for their birthday gift from me.
Jamie started this eons ago and I have kept it going.
They just love it and it gives them such joy for about $2 a kid!

I met Robeghan, Robby, and mom at the IMA last Sunday.  
The beer garden continues to be a hit for us.




My elaborate plot to snatch my nephew and claim him as my own baby continues.  
He just reminds me so much of G as a baby.  


My mother just kept gasping and saying, "It's just incredible!  They look so much alike!  They could be brother and sister!"
My witty brother looked at her, pointed to me, and quipped, "Yes, mother... because she is my sister.  We look alike too."  
Ah, Robby.
So true!  




No comments: