Sweet T and I spent five nights out in San Francisco for our 7th wedding anniversary. This was our first visit to the city and Northern California. The weather was fabulous! It was sunny and the temperature was in the upper 60s during our entire stay.
We took a super early flight on a Wednesday morning and arrived in San Fran at 6:30 a.m. local time.
This was not smart. We had been up since about 4:00 our time, and we had about a 4 hour direct flight there.
Our first day in the city was LONG.
We dumped our bags the Sir Francis Drake hotel, which was our home for our stay, and headed to Chinatown.
It was charming and mostly deserted at about 7:30 a.m.
We decided to walk to AT&T Stadium for a Giants game.
We walked a ton in San Francisco, which may have been my favorite part of the trip. It was just so easy to get everywhere. The hills were crazy though. Hello calves! Trinity paid $7 each for our nosebleed seats that were in the shade.
This is definitely my new favorite ballpark!
The view was incredible.
There was a splash hit during our game. Someone hit a home run into the water. The crowd went nanners.
I was content to eat my garlic fries.
We got back to the hotel, checked in, and enjoyed a recovery nap.
We dined that evening at Leo's Oyster Bar.
The decor was so chic.
The oysters were great, according to my husband.
I don't eat those nasty things.
That is the face of a happy oyster eating man.
My seafood was delicious and my champagne cocktail was called "The Bubble Bath."
I felt like Doris Day sitting in a tub full of bubbles in a pink bathroom while arguing with Rock Hudson about the party line use on my pink rotary telephone.
I really should have lived in an earlier era.
We ate an early dinner (still 9:00 Indiana time) and then were in bed not long after.
We woke up at a decent time and walked to Mr. Holmes Bakehouse for donuts and cruffins. A cruffin is the love child of a croissant and muffin.
Duh.
They were amazing!
We took a boat tour ofAlcatraz Island where we sailed around the bay.
We walked from the pier to Fisherman's Wharf and had a traditional lunch of clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl.
I claimed that I was painfully full until I got closer to the Ghirardelli chocolate shop.
Then suddenly I was ready to eat more.
We shared a $12 hot fudge sundae.
A $12 fudge sundae???
San Francisco doesn't fool around when it comes money.
You need to bring it and be ready to spend it.
Or go home.
We went home after 5 days.
But before we did that we met the "$10 dollar... founding father without a father..."
HAMILTON!!!!!
It was beyond description.
Trinity got tickets for my birthday and it was the best gift.
Courtney actually procured the tickets with her American Express early access, since she is fancy like that.
We likey the musicals. I credit Court for playing the soundtrack of Miss Saigon to me and starting my love affair with Broadway musicals at about age 10 or 11.
It was a cassette tape.
At least it wasn't a record.
We attended the play with some of Court's friends and Trinity practically had to arm wrestle people and throw his bony elbows to get a picture of us in front of the sign.
After he got us all lined up some kind fellow music nerd offered to take his picture too.
Which one of these is not like the other ones?
Which one of these does not belong?
He's a gem.
His only other play experience was Phantom of the Opera in the late 80s.
This play was better.
Although I have to applaud Christine for showing kindness to her mask-wearing stalker.
That wraps up our first two days.

No comments:
Post a Comment