If you can believe it, I have already been in school for 16 days with children!
My class is adorable again this year, and I have 26 children.
That's a lot of firsties.
We're on a new schedule this year too, and now I have to be at school by 7:20.
Whoa.
All is going well for me so far, and also for Genevieve in her new class.
Let's rewind a bit, shall we?
Mother and I took G to meet her teacher.
I saw my sweet Singo at G's school. Her brother is in Genevieve's class. I would keep Singo in my class until she graduated from high school if I could!
G was most excited about her new princess backpack and lunchbox from YaYa and Bob.
I took a quick picture of her on her first day with her new friend, Ellie.
Ellie's older sister was one of my star students last year.
After a whirlwind few days of school at the end of July, I really hit the rewind button when I attended my 20th high school reunion.
Meg and Ryan joined us for drinks on Mom and Dad's patio before the reunion.
It was just like high school again, except my parents were drinking with me this time.
I jest.
Everyone knows I was a wuss and never drank in high school.
Le sigh.
Regrets, people, regrets.
Ryan, Meg, and I got along splendidly in grade school, junior high, and high school.
We didn't really get super close until Meg and I joined forces at the Delta Gamma house at IU.
I worked on my bulletin boards and sometimes helped her with her Biochemistry flashcards.
Ha!
As if.
I "helped" her by encouraging her to blow off her study sessions so we could karaoke at Mother Bear's.
Now she's Dr. Megan, Gynecologist and Obstetrician, thanks to my support.
Look at Trinity.
Doesn't he look old?
He's the class of '94.
He got so lucky scoring a young chick like me.
Meghan and I had lots of fun laughing at each other. I transcribed our conversation to go with the pictures. We said none of these things.
"Look at her... I bet she's not even a doctor!"-Betsy
"Hold me up...my laughter is making me unsteady!"-Betsy
"We are the coolest! Do you think everyone recognizes that? My skin and hair are still as great as they were in high school." -Betsy
"Bets, why do you have an Adam's apple?" -Dr. Megan
She is way too nice to say that. But seriously? I really don't think I have one, at least I'll tell myself that. After I shave my mustache.
They had our class picture on display and it appears I have been closing my eyes in pictures for well over 20 years.
I do hope that Gap plans to release my black v neck for fall.
Snarf.
T took G and I to Mallow Run to booze on a Sunday. I tend to get the Sunday scaries at times, and nothing helps assuage them like wine.
Our table was littered with toys and coloring books because that's what everyone brings to a winery.
A cat!
I swear one would think we had just sighted the elusive Yetti when we saw that cat.
On boozy Sundays I tend to wear leggings as pants and shirts that make me look like I'm the Hamburglar.
Last weekend G wooed the big cat in the Kate Spade window.
We babysat for Robby on Saturday night and slept over.
G told me she was in charge and I was her assistant.
Whatevs, G.
I am truly not blowing smoke up your rear when I tell you my nephew is the most perfect baby. Not a single fuss.
I could eat him.
We had breakfast at Patachou on Sunday morning and I abstained from the booze.
No scaries.
I was all zen like after time with that blissed out baby boy.
I dressed them alike in blues and grays because duh.
I got in on that blue action too.
Plus my leg looks skinny here.
It's the camera angle.
I hope to post more now that I'm back in the groove of teaching, wifing, and mothering!

No comments:
Post a Comment