So on Friday Trinity told me we needed to go and walk on the Golden Gate Bridge. I was all like, "no. I don't want too. It's Shark Week and I want to watch that! My calves hurt!"
He forced me to go and I was peeved.
I pretended to enjoy it since the weather was gorgeous and he really doesn't ask for much from me.
We walked a little bit out on the bridge and he pulled out his phone and told me to read the poem that he had found for me.
I started reading it and it was really mushy and I turned around literally saying, "Trinity, you're so stupid and this is cheesy..."
And there he was, standing with an anniversary band in his hand.
The light doesn't show it very well, but it's a rose gold band that is the same ring as my wedding band.
I wasn't wearing my engagement ring on my trip, because I leaves the rocks I got at home when I travel.
I cried and said I was sorry for whining and making fun of my ever so sweet spouse.
Later that night we met Courtney and her friend to go to another Giants' game.
That plan fizzled and I insisted that we go to The Tonga Room, a tiki bar in the Fairmont Hotel.
We schlepped it up there and I swear it was such an incline to get there that I felt like I was on one of those mountain climber machines that the Russian trains on in Rocky VIIIX.
Remember, I don't understand Roman numerals.
Mind you, we were dressed in full on Luon/Patmygonia , as we had layered up in yoga/running gear to neither do yoga nor run but to watch professionals play football.
We bounced into the bar and my man started moving.
Courtney and I watched as two millennials stood by the water and seriously selfied/boomeranged/snapchatted/flower crowned themselves and did not talk to each other for 10 straight minutes.
It was insane.
I read that millennials spend 30 minutes a day on Instagram.
I read that on Instagram.
I'm kidding.
Alexa told me.
So we took our cues from them and coordinated a damsel in distress scene that took roughly 3.2 seconds to pull off.
"We're being held captive by pirates!!!"
Post it to Instagram!
We can get at least 29 likes on this one!!!!
Things we did do:
Ordered a $45 drink to share
Tried to get someone to bring me a piece of coconut pineapple cake on the dance floor so I didn't have to pay a $20 "sitting at a table fee."
Things we did not do:
Fall in the pool
Oh, true love.
"This drink tastes like sour fruit and tanning oil."
I turn up my nose at you... awful drink.
We acted like goofs and loved every minute of it.
On Saturday morning Court retrieved us again and drove us out to Muir Woods so we could all commune with nature.
The number of people there was insane and parking was a nightmare. Court dropped us off and told us to text her when we were finished.
The trees were beautiful and enormous. There were ferns everywhere, which always makes me think of dinosaurs.
Intriguing, right?
So we realized quickly that we had zero cell service in that remote area. I started to flip out that we would never find Courtney again. Ever. Since I'm an alarmist.
We started to walk to the entrance of the park while I was wringing my hands and fretting about who we would have Genevieve live with, since we were clearly never leaving California.
Trinity said, "Wait... is that Courtney?"
Um, yes.
She could be homeless but those shoes were too nice and her legs too recently shaven (like 2 weeks prior to this sighting).
I nearly fell over.
Court is nothing if not the a total problem solver.
She found a parking spot, hiked around a bit and then realized there was no hope of reaching each other with our phones, so she did what any normal person would do.
She napped on a park bench.
We happily reunited and had a lovely dinner at one of Court's former colleague's homes near the woods.
It was gorgeous.
I told Trinity to look pensive as I pretended to be Diane Keaton.
The next morning the two fools set off to run the San Francisco Half Marathon. I dropped them off and was charged with parking Court's car near our hotel. Now keep in mind this was Sunday morning at like 8:00.
Finding a spot was a nightmare and I had this windshield to contend with-
Courtney regularly cleans it with a Baby Ruth wrapper.
She was also out of wiper fluid and the glare was horrendous. Every sign in San Fran reads something like this:
Limited Parking
no parking between
7 a.m and 6 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
On Fridays parking is available
between 10-10:34 a.m.
you can only park here if
you have a compact car
or recently were diagnosed with Hepatitis C.
There was also a lot of traffic. I finally found a spot and then collapsed back in my bed to watch Michael Phelps race a shark, which was seriously disappointing when I discovered they weren't in the water at the same time.
Then I got this-
They are so fit.
That evening I enjoyed a $19 glass of bubbly from the hotel bar and some dark chocolate before drifting off to sleep on our final night.
We had a wonderful trip thanks to Court's travel guide skills and our general awesomeness.

No comments:
Post a Comment