I think this has been my longest hiatus since I started writing this silly little blog.
There has not been much to report, but Genevieve's social calendar has been in full swing.
We enjoyed seeing Peter Rabbit several weeks ago.
I love a good theme, so G wore her Jemima Puddleduck shirt and her wellies to get in the English mood.
We were delighted that some rabbit rescue organization had set up camp in the lobby of the theatre, suspiciously close to the snack bar.
Overpriced popcorn and rabbit pellets?
Don't mind if I do!
We just loved the movie. I have a few of the little Beatrix Potter books that my mom read to us. G loves them. Although Peter Rabbit is like over 100 years old, those books from the early 80s are totally vintage, in my opinion.
Genevieve has been living it up during her final semester of preschool. I liken it to spring 1997, when I was already accepted to IU and I just sorta putzed through the rest of my senior year. I continue to dream at least bi-monthly that I never graduated from college and have been teaching without a license for 17 years. Totally normal behavior, right?
I attended another Super Snack Friday.
When we packed up from her locker after our fruit kabobs, I noticed this delightful picture.
The drama is real.
She loved Dr. Seuss week.
She featured her IU candy stripes for red and white day again this year.
We snagged this Horton idea from one of my friends.
She was totally committed.
I was committed to our matching rain jackets.
She was so excited to tell everyone in her class that there were Whos on a speck on her clover.
I was a mystery reader for her Read Across America day on Friday of that week.
I put my students on the bus and did a quick change as only I can do-
I had to crack the sunroof for my long necked self.
I mean, go big or go home.


No comments:
Post a Comment