Betsy

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A Star is Born

Josephine Claire is here!
My goodness, did she surprise us!
I was scheduled for a repeat c-section on Friday, October 5th, which was a week ahead of her actual due date of October 12th.  G was breech, so she was scheduled and I am a planner, so I decided to just go with that the second time around.  
Lady J had other plans.
On Tuesday, September 25th I had the worst day at school!  I was so uncomfortable and my ankles and legs were terribly swollen.  I waddled around all day on the verge of tears.  After school I told Trinity he would have to get G and I drove straight home.  I took a bath with epsom salts and got in bed with my feet propped up.  I spent the rest of the evening in that position.
When it was time to go to sleep that night I had some very odd pains in my stomach (hello, contractions!) and it took me a long while to sleep.
Alas, at 2 a.m. I had a dream where I just heard a woman's voice say, "your water broke!"  Then I woke up and feel a little gush.  I immediately flashed back to my 5 year old bedwetting days.  
I rolled out of bed and whoosh!  It was like a faucet.  
I was stunned.  Was this what real labor/natural timing felt like?  
Holy hell!
No!
So the water didn't stop so I wrapped myself in a beach towel and waddled in to get T.  
I also considered going back to sleep and pretending nothing was happening.
I called the doctor on call.
"Go ahead and come on in.  You're going to have this baby tonight."
What???????
We got G out of bed, called brother Robby to plan for a kindergartner drop off and then basically turned around in circles for 15 minutes.
I had nothing packed.
What do I need?
Pajamas?
A fancy robe?
This was not good.
At approximately 2:30 we headed to the hospital.
G sang the whole way.
I was strangely calm.
We dropped off Big Sister and checked into the hospital around 3:15.
I asked the nurses if I could still have my c-section.  The water breaking experience was enough for me.  I couldn't imagine pushing this baby out like a normal woman in labor.
Ha!
Yes, yes, you can, Mrs. Lopez!
Ye shall have ye c-section.
Hallelujah!
The doctor arrived and Josephine Claire was born at 4:50 a.m.
She weighed 7 lbs 3 oz.






We enjoyed our time with just the 3 of us and then the crew started arriving around noon or so.
G was apprehensive, I think more because of how wretched I looked and the iv coming out of my arm.


Abby and Papi hightailed it from KY.






YaYa and Bob arrived to cuddle!



I stayed alone all 3 nights at the hospital.  My snoring can be a challenge and I sent her to the nursery each night.  I didn't see her until the morning since I was bottle feeding her.
Score!
Jamie came on day two.


Mother joined forces with the hospital photographer for a quick newborn session.


Look at the white hairs, Josephine!


Her first official portrait!


T brought G up each evening to visit.



Aunt Katie and Caroline arrived on Friday.


We are now almost to 2 weeks with Josephine and everyone is doing well.

No comments: