Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 2, 2009

Kashmir, the Himalayan Queen


Kashmir in her Isaac Mizrahi trench from Target


Her fish hat
Sitting on my bed thinking about Jesus
resting on the couch


These pictures were requested by my dear friend, Kirby. Kirby would be the ultimate cat lady, since she has 3, if she didn't also have a husband and a young daughter, who I affectionately refer to as Pancake and Periwinkle (not their real names).

Kashmir is my pet of almost 9 years, and we have never broken up. She's gotten a bit more lively with age, if you can believe that. Here are some little facts about Special K:

  1. Her registered cat name is Princess Kashmir of Allendale. This is rather pretentious, yet fitting. I can't claim that I named her this, as I acquired her second hand.
  2. She weighs approximately 6.5 lbs, of which 4.5lbs is hair that is constantly shed and regrown in a matter of minutes.
  3. She has few teeth, (Himalayans have notoriously bad teeth) and I once had one removed because it was infected. I erroneously did not ask the cost of such removal, and was dismayed to discover that it cost $350 back in 2003. Upon learning of this cost, post-procedure, I almost left her to become the vet office pet. I quickly changed my mind.
  4. She is an angel sent straight from Jesus. I'm not kidding. I've said this in jest for many years, but now believe it to be true. She took a flying leap off my 2nd floor apartment balcony one afternoon several years ago. She was lost for about 10 hours. When I went outside with a flashlight to look for her at about 3 a.m. she came running from under a tree. Defenseless, lost and clawless, yet she found her way back. Jesus, I tell you.
  5. Despite the fact that my house has only hardwood floors, she always manages to yack on my two area rugs.
  6. She's a bruiser, and terrorizes my parents' two cats during special holiday visits.
  7. She is terrified of male voices, yet would leave me without a second glance for my brother Rob, the Cat Whisperer.
And now, I leave you with a video of Kashmir in action. Please disregard my annoying voice.
Disclaimer: there is not actually any actions or tricks here. She does very little in life.

1 comment:

Jesse Payne said...

Bets, I have laughed so hard reading your blog. You should go into writing! I love ya woman!