This handsome fella took me on a hot date.
We headed downtown to do a little duckpin bowling. This is just like bowling but with a much smaller ball and heavier pins. The rest seems just like regular bowling to me.
Here I am showing off my size 10 Sasquatch feet.
The little balls also left our hands quite filthy. I think I took Trinity by surprise with my bowling prowess. I'm kinda good with a bowling ball. I never bowled a lot growing up, but I think my mad skills are genetic.
Let me introduce you to my grandparents, Nanny and Papaw. They were great bowlers. In fact, they met in a bowling alley. As my Nanny tells the tale, they locked eyes from several lanes away, and the rest is history.
Now one thing I'll say about my Tibs, aka Nanny, was that she was a competitor. It didn't matter what you were doing, the lady didn't lose. She was intense. Bowling was no exception.
As I walked around the bowling alley, I thought about Tibs and how she would have loved the evening that Trinity and I shared. Then I ran smack dab into this framed picture, and I immediately recognized this face. Is this tough cookie my beloved Nanny? No. Does she look a lot like my Nanny? Yes. So let's just pretend.
I managed to record my approach. Tibs would have been proud. I have also included Trinity's. He threw a lot of gutterballs. She would not have been proud of this, but I'm sure she would have loved him anyway-

No comments:
Post a Comment