Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm Green with Envy over all of this Pink!

We are having lovely weather here on this Labor Day weekend. It's not too hot and it's very sunny right now. I am therefore sad to report that I'm a bit jealous. I've received various text messages and Facebook pictures of my dear friend, Courtney. She is in Hawaii. She is a world traveler and I'm not exaggerating when I say that. She's like # 20 head Mo'Fo' Delta Platinum Club member, or something like that. If Delta overbooks a flight and Court gets bumped, she doesn't receive a travel toothbrush and some toothpaste. Most likely she gets a room at the Four Seasons. When I miss a call from her during the day I usually call her back and tell her something ridiculous like, "I was helping a kindergartner with a loose tooth get to the nurse's office." Court's excuses for missed calls are more along the lines of "Sorry I missed your call. I was in Oslo on Tuesday." You get the point.
She and her man friend Nick are in Hawaii this week for his friend's wedding. Amazing, right? The thing is, no matter how busy BFF is, she always remembers me. In this instance she is remembering my love of pink, as she wears pink in Hawaii.
As she stays here, the fabulous pink Royal Hawaiian.
And swims in this pool.
And sleeps in this bed. She thinks of The Bets.
Oh, and the woeful Bets thinks of you, Court. Especially as I dust my house, with this duster you bought me several Christmases ago. I dust with a Hawaiian girl.
Now bring me something pink and fabulous.

No comments: