Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, September 24, 2010

A Personal Day

Tennessee C was in town. I took a personal day from working with loads of children to spend the day with loads of children. That makes sense, right?

We started our morning with a little Starbucks from iBob and a neighborhood bike ride. I was sporting my UTES pants, purchased during a family vacation in Utah when I was about 13 years old. I promise I'm not a hoarder, and I am able to throw things away, just not these particular pants. I totally revamped them 2010 style, and cut off the gathered elastic that once encased my ankles. They look amazing. Especially on a tricycle.
The day got even better when we saw my dear pal Lisa from high school at lunch. She came into the tea room where we were dining, and I starting jumping with excitement. I LOVE LISA. She was a year older than me, and I always thought she was the coolest. She is now the proud mother of 3 and looks better than ever. We were wearing stripes, so of course I needed to take a picture. I love her so much that I was even willing to post this God awful moon pie faced picture of myself. Manly much, Betsy?

Then we were off to The Children's Museum. C and I spend some time in the grocery store. Somehow this was way more fun than my usual trips to Kroger. I think it's because I didn't have to spend my money. Of course the food isn't real, so that's kind of a problem.
Car racing. The museum lady actually had to help me with this one.
C driving me in a tractor. As I was watching Caroline, a very lovely lady came up and said, "hello, I work for an agricultural magazine and I'd love to take a candid of your daughter for that. May I have your permission?"
Thoughts in Aunt Bee's head, in no particular order:
She's not my daughter. Geez, I'm 31. I can't have a kid this age.
Dear lord, this woman probably went to Purdue. My skin is crawling.
There are lots of creepos out there. I would never allow someone including myself to publish pictures of my precious niece in magazines, blogs, or Facebook!
Enough with the sarcasm, I said no.
As we departed, C and I walked ahead. I should have known Jane was lurking behind us, paparazzi style, wielding her Canon. I felt so violated.
This is what it must feel like to be Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise. The whole experience was exhausting, really.

No comments: