Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Week of School

School started on Monday.  I am coaching 5th grade teachers this year, and I'm loving the fifth graders.  What a fabulous age!  At the conclusion of this year, I will have coached/worked extensively with classrooms in all grades K-5.  I seem to always fall in love with whatever grade is my focus.  So far the 5th graders have been kind to me.  
I had to do something in return.
Cue the clown pants-


Let the record state that I recognize these pants are a lot to take.  I got them my first year of teaching at a little boutique in North Carolina back in 2001.  We have had a love/hate relationship.
By that I mean the adults hate them.  The children love them.  Adults say ambiguous comments like, "Only you could wear those, Betsy."  Translation:  "You got kahunas to wear those in public, you clueless fool."  
I do it for the children, people.  They were my Friday jazz pants.  My mother said I looked like the Mayor of Whoville.  

At the end of the week I felt quite exhausted.  Our Saturday looked like this-

 Husband loves to pose with his kitty child.  The three of us have become Bravo TV junkies.  We watched Eligible Dallas, Flipping Out, and other such nonsense.  
 We also broke into these.  I have now been dropping about $12 biweekly on sorbet at Target.  Those Ciao Bella and Tallenti brands are my new best friends.  Mango, raspberry and blood orange are my trio of addiction.  The colorful tubs satisfy my color love too.  
 Saturday evening included a trip to H2O Sushi, our often mentioned go to spot for raw fish rolls.  Trinity was looking a bit more put together than his earlier kitty-cuddling, Bravo surfing attire.
 This is out of focus, but displays the delicious Riesling I ordered and my lack of wedding/engagement rings.  It was the first time since the engagement that I have gone out in public without a ring, if I recall.  I felt like such a free woman.  Sassy!
 We saw this pickle plate on the menu, which now puts our favorite sushi spot on the list of Courtney-friendly restaurants.  Girl hates herself some fish.  She eats so much chicken and pickles that she could either  bock or ferment.  

 Cookie heaven.  I make little happy puppy eating noises when I have these.  You know the sound, it's a nice little hum that puppies make when eating, not that I make while eating puppies.

Speaking of Court, we met Steve and Allison for drinks at Usual Suspects and looky who they brought?
 The original Sweet T/T.Lo
We canoodled and chatted and I was reminded so much of my dear Courtney.
Lest you forgot that they are the same person.

No comments: