Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Closing!!!!

This is the face of a man who now owns two homes.  We closed on our new home on Friday.  We then celebrated with lunch and another trip to the most overpriced furniture store in Indianapolis, Kittles.  Yippeee!!!!

Smile, you are now lord of the land and will be spending the next 30 years paying for your new house.

The lord of the land strolled with a $95 walking stick.  He might have walked with this as we checked out beds.


 We bought a king bed.  I now feel like I've arrived, people.

 Trinity and I got the keys on Sunday and loaded up the truck with oodles of Crate and Barrel boxes that had been occupying our garage since our wedding festivities.


*If it appears that I am always wearing these brown velour Juicy Couture pants with a bleach stain, don't be alarmed.  I am always wearing these brown velour Juicy Couture pants with a bleach stain.

I unloaded about 12 dozen glasses.  This is not an exaggeration.  I unpacked 4 boxes and have at least twice that at home.  I predict Robeghan might be getting some glasses.  Tacky?  You betcha.

 Look at that Corningware!  It was like a private wedding shower with just us.  

Everyone needs a chocolate fondue fountain.  We have one.  Thanks, Karen.  She knows me well.  Picture me sprawled out on the kitchen floor melting Nestle semisweet morsels and lapping them up with my tongue.  Nice.


Trinity got seriously annoyed with my picture taking.  I argued that we would only move into our first house together once.  Until we move into our first house with our new spouses.  Oh, I kid.

He got snarky and took a picture of me climbing in the tub.  That's embarrassing.  That's why I posted it!

Step one:  Lower 71" of woman into tub.


Fetal it so you appear to be only 65" of woman.


Relax and show the teeth that prove you are really a Windsor and the long lost sister of Prince William.

Since he didn't take me for a wife, I will settle for sibling.

There were lots of boxes-


This mixer/blender caused a lot of emotion.

We unwrapped this from its original packaging, circa 1970 something.  
It belonged to our beloved Uncle Maurice.  
Cue the tears.

When we start to move in, we will bless our home with Uncle Maurice's holy water from the Basilica of Lourdes in France.  Many miracles have occurred there.  
We are so thrilled to start the moving process.




No comments: