Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Family Happenings

Blogging and working aren't mixing so well.
I will try to recap some of our family outings of late.
Last weekend we went to Fountain Square to putz around.
Trinity matched his fleece to G's stroller.



Li'l Miss Rosy Cheeks wasn't sure about our adventure.
I just kept saying things like, "You're such an urban baby.  Do it, G!"  


With my encouragement, her confidence in big city life grew.

We ate lunch at La Margarita.
Trinity and I gorged ourselves on chips and pico, while Genevieve stayed strong with her synthetic la leche.


I patronize establishments that house kitties as residents.  This business was closed, and I have no idea what they peddle, but I shall be back.  I must pet that kitty.
She sashayed back and forth in front of the door as I cooed at her.  
What a kitty tease!


Genevieve has been working on playing the bongoes.  I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly.  I used the rule of -oes that goes with tomato and avocado when you make those words plural.


YaYa prepped her so she could join Uncle Robby's ukelele one man band.  


She rocked this little kimono for daycare on Wednesday.  
This photo was taken so early.


Today I told Genevieve that we were invited to Camille's Cake Boss themed birthday party.

She was pumped.


I asked her if she wanted to go, and to answer "Yay or Nay."


Instead I got a neigh.
That was seriously punny.
She wore her sweet horse sweater that was a gift from Allison.

The birthday girl was ready to par-tay.


Camille loves cake like I love cake.
Her mother had worked very hard to create an aura of cakiness.

Marinda made this lollipop tree.


She and Camille made aprons for all of the party guests because cake decorating was one of the main activities.  She picked out the fabric and ribbon and they SEWED them.  I mean, really.  Marinda doesn't fool around.  

Camille made a special little apron for Genevieve.  She measured using her Cabbage Patch doll.
How cute is that?


Sweet G is clearly a little bit larger than a Cabbage Patch doll.  The apron fit like a little bib.  Such a hoot.

There were cake shaped cake pops.


I just love this one.
G looks like a little cake pop herself in that apron.

Marinda has got me thinking of Genevieve's 1st birthday party already.
I must work on my theme.
I only have 8 months.
Since I'm so detail oriented, it will take that long.
I'm kidding.  I am the least detail oriented person alive.
I also am not a "big picture" person.
I'm more a "I don't really notice any of my surroundings" person.

Thanks,  Miss Camille for the great soiree!


No comments: