Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 11, 2013

Week 1 of this Working Mom Biznass

I am finally sitting down to blog after a long week.  My mom came in town on Sunday evening to help the 3 of us to ease into our new situation.  
I was literally up all night on Sunday night.  My anxiety level was through the roof.  Oh, and I wasn't even sending her to daycare on Monday.  She was going to be home all day with YaYa.  Monday morning was ugly.
As in U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi.
You ugly.

My darling colleagues made my day tolerable, with kind notes, hugs and dark chocolate.
I also had at least 10 conversations with young children about how the baby is no longer in my belly, but now at home.
That be some confusing info for the elementary crowd.  
Mind blowing.

Mom sent pictures throughout the week to ease the sadness.
The rest of the week G went to daycare for a few hours each day.
Mom stayed at home and did things like shop at Target, clean my house, and go to Starbucks.  Mostly she went to Target and Starbucks.  There's a Starbucks in the Target, so that is like heaven for a YaYa.

G was able to catch up on some light reading while I was away.  


Right here she is undoubtedly thinking about Jesus.


I've already worked on making daycare think I'm crazy.  The director had told me that if it is easier in the morning, I can leave Genevieve in her sleeper/pajamas and they can change her later.
On Wednesday morning I had my early morning meeting, so I took her in her footed sleeper.

I explained when I dropped her off that I brought her clothes for the day, and when they got a chance I wanted them to dress her.
One of the ladies said, "That's fine, but we want you to know this isn't a fashion parade.  She can stay in her sleeper all day.  It's actually easier for us."  
Oh, my.
You clearly don't know me.
I now have a real life baby doll that I get to dress everyday who is way cuter than Samantha Parkington ever was.  
This IS a fashion parade.
And Genevieve is the grand marshall. 

I have to ease these darling folks into my quirkiness, so I said, "if you have time, please change her."

Mom picked her up a few hours and later and sent me this picture.

What?
Shut the front door.
My baby was wearing her sleeper AND a bib.
I'm slowly embracing that the bib is a necessity, since she is constantly drooling and can manage to stick her entire fist in her mouth.
So gross and yet so precious.

I'm glad I work with darling girls who are mothers and also are reasonable people, unlike me.
Marinda asked me why I was so upset about the sleeper.
I said, "How much do you accomplish when you wear your pjs all day?"
She asked me what I expected Genevieve to accomplish.
Good point.
Certainly not expense reports.  

After deep pondering, I explained that sleepers are for sleeping, and rompers are for romping and other clothes are for clothing.  
I want a clear distinction between night attire for sleeping and daywear for playing/accomplishing feats of baby strength.

I'm not making any unrealistic demands, thanks to conversations with friends.  
However, guess who will never be wearing a sleeper again to daycare?
My chile-

No comments: