Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Final Week of Maternity Leave

This week has been a bit sad for me, as I am going back to work on Monday.  We have been kicking up our activities in preparation, and one of them included finally hanging pictures from our photo shoot with my pal Kathy.

Uncle Robby did the honors.  He has quite an eye for picture hanging.  He requires no level.  

He is now a jack of all trades and his current talents include playing the ukelele and creating delicious dishes in his dutch oven.
Hilarious.

Genevieve had a trial day at her daycare on Thursday.


I bunnied her up so at least the ladies would find her precious if she chose to scream her head off the entire time I was gone.
I was an anxious mess when I dropped her off.  Much to my surprise she went straight to Miss Roseanne and quickly became engrossed in looking at Nora, another precious baby.  Nora is two weeks younger than G, but at least 6 lbs lighter.
G's "class" has 5 girls including her and one boy.
Baby girl gots more hair and girth than any of those other babes, and two of them are 5 months old.
She sat on Miss Roseanne's lap and was like, "peace out, Mom."
No tears. No drama.
I was relieved.
Or maybe I was a smidge disappointed.
Mothers know what I mean.  
You want your baby to be well adjusted and go to others because then you get a break.
But if you're honest with yourself, or with anyone who reads your blog, you will admit that there is a tiny bit of satisfaction in being this little person's favorite person.
There, I said it.

That same day we received a text message from Abby and Papi wishing us a Happy feast day for Saint Genevieve.
St. Genevieve's feast day is January 3rd.
St. Genevieve is the patron saint of Paris.
She persuaded its occupants to remain there, pray and fast when Attila the Hun was raging towards the city.
Lo and behold, he unexpectedly changed his course and the city was spared.
I believe this is considered her miracle.
The only thing I ever experienced from fasting was a serious headache and dizziness.
G's name is pronounced "Jean(rhymes with Shawn)-vee-ev" in French.
That's the best I can do phonetically.
Since everyday is a feast day for our little lady, I had to do something to make it special.  We read Madeline, I called her by her French name, said Bonjour and Mademoiselle a lot and I ate french fries in her honor.  
It was memorable.

On Friday my Aunt Cindi came to babysit and I went to barre pilates and for an oil change.
Cindi brought her Christmas gift.
I was trying to decide if they fit, so I still have the tags on here.  G's reaction was a hoot.

What?  Theze be Uggs?
Theze be a luxury for a baby!


I love, I love!!!


Uh oh.
Expensive boots throw off me equilibrium.


AHHHHHHHH!


Piper down!
We have a Piper down.
I'm not sure why I imagine that my daughter's inner voice is like LOL Cat talk.

If you are unfamiliar with LOLcats, I highly recommend it.







No comments: