We had a such a nice Mother's Day weekend. On Friday evening, we decided to lay low and do nothing.
Genevieve and Trinity relaxed on the couch. She watched a little Barney, and I really hate that purple dinosaur.
Part of my "Betsy is a fabulous mother" festivities included a solo trip to the movie theatre. As I have mentioned before, Trinity pretty much refuses to go to the movies. He agreed to hang with Li'l G while I went to see The Great Gatsby in 3D.
I had never been to a 3D movie before, so imagine my surprise when the teenage girl handed me these Wayfarer lookalikes.
I took a selfie, since it was10:20 a.m. and there were like 4 grandparents getting ready to watch this movie with me.
Yes, I went at 10:20 a.m.
I enjoy a morning show.
My verdict?
I enjoyed it.
Jay Z provided some music.
I wish I was cool enough to know more about Jay Z than that he is Mr. Beyonce Knowles.
Carey Mulligan stunk, which means she did a great job representing the most despicable character in literature, one Mrs. Daisy Buchanan.
I loathe that selfish skank.
Leo made me swoon. He was a close runner up to Mr. Redford.
Robeghan came to babysit on Saturday evening so Trinity and I could hang with Court, who was in town for the evening. We celebrated her 33rd birthday.
They did a great job, despite disturbing her sleep and scaring the wits out of her because they were convinced she had stopped breathing.
Baby girl sleeps in some quirky positions, though none restrict her baby breaths.
What a hoot. They reminded me of sweet T and I during the first 2 months of parenthood. We were convinced she was dying every second. Now we're pros. Ha!
We enjoyed mass with a very quiet baby on Sunday morning. Her father brought me Starbucks before church and so I was ready to roll. We went to Bakersfield Taco and Tequila company after church, where G slept under the table while we enjoyed margaritas and chips and salsa.
We returned home for a mini photo shoot in front of our newly landscaped casa.
Genevieve then took a 2 1/2 hour nap and happily played with her father so I could go to yoga.
I can't express how much my sweet bunny has enriched my life.
She soon became my best friend-
after she stopped being afraid of the giant blow holes that she encountered when she gazed up at me for the first time.
I couldn't ask for a sweeter girl, and I'm so blessed to be her mama!





No comments:
Post a Comment