Betsy

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

Ah, who doesn't love a road trip?
We embarked on our first family trip over Memorial Day.  I am thrilled to report that we did well.  
When we were about to depart, I wasn't so sure.
Trinity installed the new DVD player.


I wish this was staged.
It wasn't.
I had a good chuckle over this one.
We quickly strapped it to the head rest located IN FRONT of le bebe and off we went.

2 hours to Cincinnati, where we picked up my in-laws and our pimped out rented minivan from Avis.
It was a Town & Country.
It was amazing.
As we packed our new vehicle for the weekend, G busied herself on the floor of her spacious ride.
*I don't travel sans Cheezits.

Then the Clampetts were off for their cross country visit to Trinity's Wellie in Pennsylvania.
Eddie and Patsy rode most of the 8 hours in the back with Miss Priss.
Pat took lots of pictures of Genevieve sleeping.
My baby was a champ.
She slept, watched videos and clapped.



We rolled in to PA a little later than expected.
It seems traveling with a baby is a bit more challenging than without one.
I perfected my diaper changing/outfit changing skills on the floor of that minivan after Genevieve shat all over herself and  I discovered Chipotle lacked a changing station.
Jerks!
If it wasn't for your amazing guacamole and chips, I might just boycott you!

Our first night as a family in a hotel room also went superbly.
We found out just how much our child babbles at about 5:30 a.m. before finally losing her cool and screaming for us about 45 minutes later.

We took her to meet her bisabuela (Spanish for great-grandmother) the next morning.

Imagine my shock when I discovered Genevieve was about as big as her Wellie.


Adorable.

We all went to a beautiful little park and our munchkin experienced her first swing ride.



Under the watchful eyes of Wellie and Papi.


The whole crew:
Pat, Eddie, Aunt Rose (Eddie's sister), Uncle Paul, Wellie and T


They had a tunnel called the rabbit hole.



It was super cool when Trinity wheeled her through, narrowly escaping his own decapitation.



There were lots of snuggle sessions!



Ladybug fell in love with Wellie's hair.
You see, they basically have the same do.
I decided Wellie should wear a matching critter bow so they could be twinsies.



90 years + 8 1/2 months


4 generations of awesomeness


We loved Aunt Rose so much too.
She helped Wellie prepare the lbs of traditional Cuban fare that we ate for every meal.
We also brought home 2 coolers full of it for future meals.


We went to a site called The Old Horseshoe Curve, which was a cool train track that curved perfectly up in the hills of PA.
We had to take a lift up the small mountain.
Wellie and G conversed all the way.



I waved at the top of the hill in front of the Hunt car.


This puts Wellie to scale with yours truly, the Giantess.
I could just put her in my pocket!


Papi was in charge of feedings, as he is a pro.
G wasn't so sure about the bright sun.
She kept pulling her hood down.
That little thug!


Eddie handled the feeding while Wellie took over foot kissing.
That baby lives the life, I tell you!


The goofs head back down the mountain.


Wellie loved watching our sweet girl sleep.
Here she is on her bed taking a nap.
This is my favorite picture of the trip.


Followed closely by this one.
Wellie made her a new capelet.


We loved visiting with our precious Wellie and Aunt Rose.
I'm so thrilled that our trip was so wonderful.
We're hoping to get Wellie to visit us soon!

No comments: