I knew I needed a catchy title after my long absence. My child has been enjoying daily make out sessions with herself in my mirrored nightstand.
I would love to know what was going through her little baby mind.
I imagine she thought she was quite the seductress as she went in for the smooch.
On Saturday morning Dr. Megan and I drove up to Chicago to celebrate all things Kate.
We kicked things off with a bridal shower at Pops, the Champagne Bar.
The Prosecco was a flowing.
Down my throat.
This picture of the 3 of us just makes me smile.
Many boxes were bigger than the bride.
Those would be Sweet Mandy B's cupcakes on that table.
I do love those things.
I had two.
Meg and I hit up the Nordstrom on Michigan Avenue and then rolled back to the hotel. In true Betsy-Megan fashion, the good doctor finished up some charting on her patients. The good teacher took a nap.
The bachelorette evening started with a cooking class at The Wooden Spoon. Kate and Scott love to cook, so it was a fitting activity for the evening. I love to bet on horses, so it was only fitting that I spent an evening at Churchill Downs for my bach weekend.
That doesn't really fit. I just wanted somewhere that I could wear a fascinator.
Kate wore a tiny sequin crown headband.
Adorable!
Megan got cozy with Pinot and his friend Grigio when we commenced the cooking.
Little bride= Little mother of the bride
Little bride plus giant besequined Bets
I mostly took photos, drank water to cure my earlier Prosecco headache, and I did cut carrots.
I did absolutely nothing to contribute to this delicious cheese and onion puffed pastry.
Except hold the pan and pretend I did something.
Woe is me.
Kate decided she wanted to boogie down in Boystown, which is the gay area in Chicago.
I was concerned that someone might mistake my 2 inch heeled self for a tranny, but it didn't happen.
We had a ball.
We were on the dance floor until 1:30 a.m., surrounded by gay men. I have never felt so good about myself during a night out in my life.
I received countless compliments about my dress and my shoes. I was told I was beautiful. I was asked to dance.
It was great!
On Tuesday morning G's daycare called to tell me she had a case of diarrhea.
Gross.
I always tend to follow that word with "cha cha cha."
There was a stomach virus going around her daycare and that was a symptom. What does one do with a baby with a dreaded case of the D?
We strolled while remaining hydrated.
She attempted to love on the kitty.
We went to Orange Leaf.
I needed sustenance in the form of crushed Reeces Cups topped with frozen yogurt.
Abby has been visiting to paint and decorate a playroom for Genevieve's first birthday gift from Abby, Papi and Aunt Shirley.
She has officially turned our dining room into a playroom.
I fought it for a long while.
Then I caved when I finally admitted that we play far more than we dine.
I dine on Cheezits standing in front of the pantry.
It's sad but true.
We are loving the results!
G loves the fun tree that Abby painted on the wall.
We are so excited to have a lovely space for her to play.
What a creative gift!















No comments:
Post a Comment