School is in full swing.
G has been rocking the day care scene.
Unfortunately, she has recently made an unwelcome discovery...
What the frick is on the top of my noggin?
This has caused me great distress.
She feels up there with her hand and pulls out the bow.
God is smiting me.
Just about two weeks ago my neighbor asked me how in the world I kept a bow in G's hair when her granddaughter pulled out all hair ornamentation.
Ah, my stupid smug self.
I was all like, "she just doesn't bother it."
Baloney!
She didn't know it was there until mere days ago.
I know I'm being dramatic, but I have likened this whole scenario to that freaky scene in Fear, starring Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon. Reese screams and says, "David knows the code!!!" as he charges through the front door.
In my head I find myself saying, "Genevieve knows the bow!!!" as she rips it out of her hair.
I just keep putting it back in.
I shan't be deterred.
On Saturday T's parents came for a surprise visit.
They had been to Ikea in Cincinnati, so they decided just to keep driving to us.
We were thrilled!
We checked out a relatively new Mass Ave hot spot, Ralston's Drafthouse.
T and E played shuffleboard.
G was delighted.
Pat was the only cooperative one as I tried to take a picture.
Yes, that is an iPad in front of my child.
I now do what I said I would never do as a mother,
back when I was an amazing childless mother.
We picked up cupcakes at my favorite cupcakery.
We tried the Tom Selleck and the Burt Reynolds. They were delicious and had fondant mustaches on top.
G giggled all of the way home.
Silly baby.
She won't be laughing on her birthday when she figures out I have been withholding cake for the entire first year of her life.
We braved 10:00 mass on Sunday.
God was pleased with us and blessed me with an actual smile from my baby, caught on camera.
We made our Monday special with
mommy-daughter sparkle toes.
Glitter on, G.






No comments:
Post a Comment