Our lady was mesmerized by all of her guests, including Uncle Robby and Aunt Meghan.
She clapped and laughed with Ashleigh, her BFF and babysitter extraordinaire. Ashleigh actually got G to take a nap DURING her party. Talk about a baby whisperer!
Uncle Kent and Aunt Cindi got in some squeezes.
My Aunt Cindi has a black belt in child wooing. She always brings crafts or something fun to keep everyone entertained. She has four sons, so she enjoyed some time with the smallest of ladies, Charlotte and Caroline.
G loved the gift bags and wrapping paper.
She had quite the entourage assisting with gift opening. Alex, Charlotte and Caroline were all too willing to help!
I have a matching pink coat myself.
Not that I planned to be twinsies.
But I did.
The most highly anticipated event of the afternoon was the cake eating. I was convinced that my daughter would dive face first into that cake.
Such was not the case.
There was delicate finger swiping.
She really didn't know what to do, so I helped her.
I was giddy as I popped my buttercream icing covered finger in her mouth.
I nearly fainted when I got this face in return.
Followed by this one.
WHAT????
My child wanted NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING to do with that cake.
Ooey bits of cakey goodness fell from her mouth along with my smashed hopes and dreams of a shared love of sugar.
If it weren't for those droopy eyes and serious mouth breathing I might have doubted any genetic relation to her.
We shall soon begin our electroshock therapy to reverse her aversion to cake.
Oh, I kid.
I'll get over it.
There's always next year!








No comments:
Post a Comment