Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 25, 2013

A lot of Pictures of My Kid

I have been on fall break for the past 2 weeks.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I'm loving this balanced calendar business!  We have really been living it up, and I've done most of what I wanted to do over break.  I made a list to accomplish.
Task # 1 was to stuff my toddler into this hilarious Juicy tracksuit. It was a gift from a dear pal that keeps me laughing.


It really accentuates her booty.


I took Genevieve to the Children's Museum for the first time, which was also on our fall list.  She loved the water table.




She was also handy with the blocks.


She kept climbing in this little wind tunnel thing and sitting right by the entrances.  She was frustrating to several children who were trying to get in.  


She clanged on this table quite a few times.  We played pretty intensely for close to two hours.  I was all like, "it's time to go, baby."  




And she was all like, "noooooooooooooo!!!"


This picture is my new favorite.  

I calmed her by explaining that we would meet Uncle Robby at the Flying Cupcake (also on my list).


We drove all the way down to Trafalgar last Sunday to go to this marvelous pumpkin patch, another list item.  As we are amateurs, we quickly discovered that everyone in Southern Indiana was at the same place.  I nearly had a panic attack.  There were roughly one kajillion adults and kids wearing Colts jerseys and schlepping pumpkins around.  We lasted approximately 20 minutes, which was the time it took to wind around in our car and get the hell out of there.  We then hit up the Trafalgar Dairy Queen and stopped at a small patch on the way back.  
All of that for a dumb picture of my kid with a pumpkin, which of course T had her straddle.  Not the pose I was looking for.


Nor was this.


The Juicy suit taught her to stick out her rear, I guess.  

We also parked it up.  G loves a swing.
I love patterned pants.  Too bad those velour paisleys don't come in my size.





I got bored one afternoon, so I created some Halloween costumes for my lady.  She wore her Mexican sombrero to be the leader of a mariachi band.


Then we switched gears to be Elton John.



I haven't laughed that hard in a long while.  


She stumbled around as I sang Tiny Dancer, which brings me to the next item on the list.  Teach G to walk.  As if I could actually teach her.  Anyway, she's got it now.  She's making hot laps around the house as of two days ago.  She looks like a drunk sailor, but she's successful.

I also vowed to take out the jogging stroller.  I took a selfie prior to departing.


I bundled her up and off we went.


30 minutes later I was nearly dead.  Pushing 24 lbs and not swinging my arms when I run affects me a tad.
A tad= more than I can describe.

I also managed to get a massage, attend a yoga class (which has been seriously absent from my life), and go see a movie. 


I have also taken a daily nap with G and I read a book!  "The Keeper of Lost Causes" is amazing.  I could not put it down.  I read it in 2 days.  If you like "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo" series, you can't miss this book.  And that concludes my Betsy book club recommendation!  We hope to attend Zoo Boo this weekend, as that rounds out my list.  


No comments: