I'm back. I blame my long break on a dysfunctional computer cord. I couldn't get my computer to charge, therefore I could not download any pictures. I am home visiting my parents for the night, and it is truly like entering an Apple store. My dad had plenty of cords so that I could get my little puter up and cooking again.
On Friday Robeghan joined us on a road trip to Lexington.
We had some cocktails on the patio with Pat and Eddie after G went to sleep.
Trinity and Genevieve had fun on Saturday morning.
Pat helped her practice her walking. She is incredibly close to strutting on her own.
We then got all dudded up to go to the racetrack and see the ponies in action.
My drink of choice was Mandy's Mare, a lovely concoction of orangy goodness made with Absolute Mandarin.
The sun was shining and the horses were fast.
The dresses and boots were out in full force. I laughed at how I had worried for a brief second that my dress was a tad short. I cannot put into words the attire that I saw. College girls barely cover up their lady parts these days.
It was obscene.
And I'm old.
Eddie was the big winner with a $50 win on one race.
On Sunday morning we did what most people do. We skipped mass and took our baby to a distillery to taste bourbon.
T and I have now been to Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, George Dickel, Heaven Hill, Four Roses, and Wild Turkey. We also have toured Bacardi in Puerto Rico and Coors in Colorado. We added Buffalo Trace to our list this past weekend. We likey the booze.
We finked out on the tour and created our own tour. Li'l Lady wasn't interested in hearing how the mash distills with an aroma as rugged as the Kentucky hills. Those tour videos are so melodramatic.
Instead, we posed her with mums and bourbon barrels.
You only get to taste after the tour. Unless you have a friendly mama (me) and a cute baby (Genevieve). The precious Buffalo Tracer gave us a private tasting.
Robby, T and Meghan listened with great intensity.
Bourbon!
As my friend Marinda aka Melanie Carmichael from Sweet Home Alabama said, "You have a baby. In a bar."
I did. And she loved it. Especially after we rubbed a little bourbon on her gums to help with her teething.
I kid.
















No comments:
Post a Comment