While I was partying with my gal pals, Genevieve spent quality time with her YaYa and Bob.
She went to the Children's Museum.
She particularly loved the water table.
She was also great at moving these blocks from one spot to another.
She has on different clothes because my mom took her two days in a row.
On the Sunday that I got back from my trip Trinity and I took G to Fort Harrison State Park. We were thrilled to see that the DNR was hosting an "Outdoor Experience."
We couldn't just experience it ourselves.
We had to have help.
Our lady took on the playground.
We hung out by the teepee.
My husband tried to get our daughter to straddle this totem pole.
I explained that his inappropriate actions were in full view of hundreds of people. Then I helped him get her on the pole as we laughed hysterically.
We can be so classy.
After a week hiatus, G was back to daycare. She was back to her ways of stealing from other babies and laughing about it.
We received a hand me down Jeep jogging stroller from Sista Katie. We took it for a whirl last week for a family run.
I posed with the stroller as if I pushed it all along. Yeah, right. I can only handle the jogging part. Not the jogging and pushing my behemoth baby part.
When I picked G up from school, her work and that of her classmates was on display. Check out my baby's rendition of Moses in a Moses basket.
That was funny, you must admit.
THEY HAD HER COLORING.
What?
Yes, and check out that attention to detail.
I see at least 2 brown lines on that masterpiece. I told her teacher that I thought coloring was a pretty tall order for my 12 month old. She replied that they had to remove the crayons from G's mouth several times as she tried to eat them.
Uh, yeah.
I'm no early childhood education expert, but me thinks my baby lacks the fine motor skills to do much beyond eating with her hands.
And she's pretty bad at that. Oh, well. It made for hilarious dinner conversation.
This last weekend we visited T's family in Tennessee to celebrate the 100th year of his Aunt's Presbyterian church. They had a beautiful ceremony that included a reenactment of the church's founding.
She was great during the morning church service, as she cooed and waved at the people behind us.
Shirl rewarded her with books at her house.
I learned on Sunday that a 12 month old who misses her nap is a force of nature. For the actual afternoon celebration, G lost her baby mind. While the Presbyterians sang and celebrated upstairs, Trinity and I tag team wrestled our squawking baby in the church basement. She flung herself backwards so many times I'm surprised she didn't concuss herself on a door frame. We missed the entire hour and a half ceremony trying to calm a demon baby.
Alas, the clouds parted and sun shined in that church basement. As the members entered the basement for cake and punch, our girl waved, smiled, laughed and reached out for anyone who looked her way. She let strangers hold her.
Papi and Abby fed her cake, which she enjoyed much more the second time around.
That child knows what she's doing. I think I have an Eddie Haskell on my hands.
Lastly, we enjoyed time with Katie, Chip and Caroline.
Katie managed to get these darling cousin pictures at 7:15 a.m. on Monday morning, right before we took Caroline to school.
I took Caroline in school and met the Principal, her teacher and everyone else.
Yes, I'm Aunt Bee. I do this too. I've taught for 12 years and I've taught 1st grade, Reading Recovery and I've been the literacy coach. I'm all kinds of awesome.
I kissed Caroline goodbye and returned to the car, where sister kindly told me my maroon yoga pants that I had hastily put on at 7:10 were on inside out.
Oh, I impressed those Tennesseans!

















No comments:
Post a Comment