My tiniest pal joined in holy matrimony with her true love this past weekend in Chicago. YaYa and Bob were gracious enough to come to our house for the weekend, so we hauled tail on Friday morning to enjoy a G-free weekend in the Windy City.
First stop:
Sprinkles Cupcakes!
Duh!
I giddily gobbled down my pumpkin cupcake.
So seasonal, and so delicious.
We visited all of my favorite spots. I had received an email for 25% off at Kate Spade to kick off holiday shopping, along with "fun refreshments."
Trinity used the deal to snag an early and not so surprise Christmas gift for me.
I was anticipating another cupcake or some macarons. Instead I got tiny bottles of Coca-Cola, Perrier water and fortune cookies.
Perrier may be the only sparkling thing on the planet that I don't like.
Oh, Mrs. Spade. Fortune cookies does not a fun refreshment make. Geesh!
I did enjoy the striped straws, though.
T begrudgingly posed with his refreshment, but drew the line at holding the bag.
We browsed more shops and then napped at our swanky room at the Hotel Palomar before attending the rehearsal dinner.
You know what's so awesome about that?
I didn't even have to rehearse.
Best rehearsal dinner ever!
Kate invited us simply because we were in from out of town.
We even sat with the bride and groom.
Without having to rehearse:)
It doesn't get much better than that.
Seriously, there goes Kate again with her flawless photos.
Scott had just finished telling me how much he enjoys public speaking.
Not really.
Kate, me, Meg and Liz with her 5 month baby belly.
I was a wet blanket as usual and called it quits by 10. On Saturday morning we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, Sable.
I highly recommend that joint.
Trinity had pigs in a blanket, which came all fried like corn dogs at the fair.
I may have spent the majority of the day at Nordstrom. This can be neither confirmed nor denied.
I also watched football in the room with T.
A reprieve from Genevieve chasing was delightful.
Kate and Scott were married at St. James church. Ryan and Megan were all dudded up.
So were Liz and Zach.
AND BOOM!
Look at those happy faces!
They were glowing!
So were we!
The reception was stunning in the ballroom of our hotel.
I had a few Mortinis, named after Morty, Kate and Scott's bulldog.
Morty would have been proud that I kept myself composed.
My favorite part of the reception was when the man of honor, Kate's brother Jesse, gave his toast.
He brought some props to let everyone know more about his sister. He pulled out a framed picture of Ronald Reagan and said, "some of you might not know that my sister had this picture in her bedroom for about 15 years. I thought that was important for you to know about her."
I nearly died.
They are funny people, I tell you!
We danced until the final moment. I had so much fun that I didn't even register any fatigue. That is rare for me.
The following morning we enjoyed brunch hosted by Kate's parents before departing for home.
We had such a memorable weekend.
Now I'm back to work. This week I'm working with my kindergarten teachers on some more phonemic awareness activities. I have a puppet to help me named Miss Kitty.
I think I'm Sherry Lewis.
They don't think I'm strange at all.












No comments:
Post a Comment