Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 24, 2013

My weekend started off splendidly with a little movie viewing.  My good pal Corrie and I attended the 4:10 IMAX showing of Catching Fire.  We jetted out of school and straight to the theatre.  I had purchased  Effie dark chocolate bars from Vosges Chocolate when I was in Chicago last weekend.  Yes, I purchased two $8 candy bars.
Actually, they were "tablets of chocolate."  
They were fancy.
I felt better when I discovered AMC was selling gummy bears for $4.50.
What a rip off!
Corrie has the memory of an elephant.
I have the memory of a baboon.  I'm assuming they have bad memories.
I read the books a few years ago and can remember like zero details.

Corrie goes to the bathroom and comes back and is all like, "Did they show how Peta painted Rue?"
I'm all like, "I know who Katniss is."


It was awesome.
So was the rest of our weekend.
Saturday was cold, cold, cold.
Sometimes I pretend I'm Nanny from Eloise and say things three times.

Genevieve snacked on grapes on Saturday afternoon, while chilling on the floor with Camilla, her talking chicken.



Between bites she tore up my Anthropologie catalog.
My girl is a multi-tasker.


On Sunday I ran my first 5K.  I completed the Couch to 5K program a few weeks ago, so I figured it was time to hone my racing skills.
We registered earlier in the week for the Ugly Sweater Run.  
I was all pumped until it was 23 degrees on Sunday morning.
Then I was scared.


I was not to be deterred, though.
I didn't have to peruse the Goodwill for our sweaters.  My elementary school working environment provided a plethora of options.  Thank you, teacher friends.

G cheered us on and stayed with Uncle Robby and Aunt Meghan.


We arrived to discover lots of other runners in tacky sweaters.



Especially these two.
Walker and Mark were ready to roll in their handmade glue gunned felt sweaters made by my BFF Marinda.
Or should I say ex-BFF?
Her 10 year old son, Walker, has the propensity to tell the truth.  He clapped when he saw me and informed me that he had just won a $10 bet with his mother that I wouldn't show.  Marinda said I would probably go to Starbucks instead.


Touche!
With friends like Marinda, who needs enemies?
I texted her that exact quote.
She replied she was proud of me.
I have since forgiven her.




I was amazed at how great it felt once we started running.  I was thrilled that I ran the whole thing and passed a lot of people.
Sure, they may have been pushing strollers or walking Chihuahuas, but I still passed them!



We finished up in the beer garden.  
It was great!


No comments: