I decided to take a very last minute trip to Jamie's lake house last Wednesday. Jamie was taking Charlotte, Liam and her mother, Sue.
My mom picked us up and we made the drive down to Lake Norris in Tennessee. Genevieve had to make peace daily with Jamie's geriatric hound, Ellie.
My child is turning into one of those weird kids who is afraid of dogs. I realize we are cat people, but good grief. That dog wouldn't hurt a fly.
The kiddos spent some time playing with the water tables.
G got cozy with the Kermit house phone. She thinks phones are just amazing.
There were rare moments of quiet time.
We had one gorgeous day when we spent the day out on the water. I nearly died hoisting my giant self up on this trampoline. Despite Jamie assuring Charlotte that it could hold like 10 adults, that dear child was concerned that I was going to pop it.
The water was warm and super clear.
YaYa rode the hot dog too.
Genevieve and I perfected the wind blown look on one of our boat rides.
It was surprisingly chilly the second day.
After a long nap for both of us we got back on the pontoon to go for ice cream.
G was all too willing to assist Jamie, our captain.
We returned from a relaxing trip on Saturday afternoon. G's new backpack for school had been delivered, so she was eager to try it on.
We rounded out our weekend with a trip to the park with Trinity.
I am back to work full time on Monday. I must remind myself that I'll be cackling with joy when I get two weeks of vacation in early October.














No comments:
Post a Comment