Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Texas and School!

I had to spend the last couple of days of my summer break in training in Texas.  
Bob met me at McDonald's on Wednesday afternoon to retrieve Genevieve for her 3 day vacation.  



Trinity took some days off of work to join me.  


We celebrated our 4th anniversary at the Gaylord Texan, where my conference was held.  

The decor was an absolute hoot.  Each morning I went to the conference room by passing over a little bridge that overlooked this scene.  


That is a covered wagon that is capable of holding Kashmir as its only cargo.
I giggled each time thinking of The Oregon Trail that I played on an Apple IIe in grade school.

"You just died of Typhoid Fever."
"You just lost 2 oxen and 5 lbs of sugar in the river."  
Talk about morbid.  

Whitney was my academic companion.  
We met this long legged cowboy before dinner one night.  

Her husband John came too.
Trinity and John spent two days lounging at the Paradise Springs water park that was at our hotel.  
Whitney and I found this to be truly hysterical.  


On their first day they set up camp by the kiddie pool because it had a lot of umbrellas and there was a heat advisory.  A few minutes later they decided that two men hanging by the kiddie pool drinking beer without wives or children looked a little suspect.
They quickly found a spot by the lazy river.   

On our second day Whitney and I were able to join them in the afternoon.  



Holding hands while floating down a lazy river is so romantic.


It was kind of like Cabo.
Except that it wasn't.

When we returned I had one weekend left with G before school started.  

We went to the Children's Museum and Genevieve had her first popsicle from Nicey Pops in Broad Ripple.  





She was much neater eating one than I was.  



Trinity captured our first school day on Monday.
Does that face not just crack you up?

No comments: