On Friday evening I strayed from G's usual 7 p.m. bedtime.
Gasp!
It was Friday night, after all. She didn't go to bed until 8:30!
She still woke up at her usual morning time, further affirming my thoughts that children need routine early bedtimes.
I will step down from my soapbox now.
We went to Augustravaganza at Nativity Catholic church, where my friend Jenny is a member.
I was very uncertain about putting my child on a ride solo, but then I remembered that those carnies who work the rides are totally trained and are professionals.
Fish! Fish!
We met Jenny and Jason and Genevieve thinks that anything Margo can do is amazing. Margo is 3.
G was all about the carousel. I was all about the beer tent. I just oozed class as I spun and sipped.
We rode the carousel 4 times.
Then she showed Margo the ropes on the fish ride.
She has not done a lot of shoulder riding, but this was certainly the perfect venue for such shenanigans. I love how she is clutching T's forehead.
Saturday was rainy and cruddy.
I tried to explain that "outside!" was not in the cards for the day.
The highlight was wearing her boots. She loves those things.
We loaded the car to go to the art museum and sadly discovered that we had locked ourselves out. T then set off the alarm by opening the garage door into the backyard. The alarm company called, and apparently I gave the wrong passcode.
The heat showed up about 5 minutes later as we pondered what to do, since our key holding neighbors were gone.
This lovely police officer reported that the alarm company said the alarm was triggered and an unidentified female was unable to respond appropriately.
I am said female.
Her partner picked the lock to our back door while G enjoyed her new badge sticker and looked at all the bells and whistles on the police car.
We were so grateful for our local law enforcement officers.
Our other feeling was pure embarrassment for being such idiots.
We crafted at the art museum. That's all we do there. They have an area for children that G loves. We don't do much gallery walking. I can't risk those little fingers touching priceless art.
T decided that he could wear the same shirt two days in a row.
I swear I do laundry.
We were stars of this temporary exhibit.
G also stood in front of the two outside. These numbers are staggered, so this photo shoot was much easier than it was with number 1. I could actually stand and get a picture.
Just not a good one.
G's birthday is less than a month away.
Just in case you forgot, here is our bunny at 1 year.















No comments:
Post a Comment