Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas at the Zoo

We came back to Indianapolis on Saturday afternoon with big plans to attend Christmas at the Zoo that evening.  We met Uncle Robby and Aunt Meghan, along with Jamie, Liam, and Charlotte.
Tim was saving lives at the fire station.

Charlotte took G's hand and expertly led her around the zoo.  
We started with the Oceans.






This octopus was the perfect backdrop, but Genevieve was uninterested.


I was beyond thrilled because I got my nuts and cider.  They were selling my favorite Bavarian nuts.  They also were selling a "cup 'o cheer" for $7.99.
I signed right up.
I was hoping for some mulled whisky cider, but I ended up with hot apple cider in a souvenir cup.
And free refills all night with your receipt.
 I clutched that receipt and filled up again on overpriced cider before leaving.
I won't be cheated! 

The kids loved the orangutans, and I treated my companions to my impression of Oprah announcing her guests throughout  the entire exhibit.
You know the voice.
"It's the ORANGUTAN!!!!!" 




Liam was all about the desert area, which I often confuse with the dessert area.


Robeghan just hung out and enjoyed the desert sunset on a wild Saturday night.




The only shot of super chic Jamie was this one of her riding the carousel in some snazzy boots.


We rocked the zoo from 4:45-6:45.


The secret was going early, since it gets dark at like noon anyway. This is just another reason to love Indianapolis.  

No comments: