My little family unit traveled down to Tennessee last weekend for a wedding. Trinity's dear pal, Joey, married his longtime love, Natalie.
I was more than a little hesitant to take G to this most sacred event, seeing as if she is two.
I was assured that this was a family friendly event so I took my crazy toddler.
Let me just say this.
Thank God for those Baptists and their short weddings.
15 minutes was about all this little hot pot of emotion could handle.
I mean, look at that face.
I was terrified.
I also came woefully unprepared for the event, with nothing but my wallet in my purse.
No food. No candy. No mints.
No toys or books.
I'm an idiot.
I improvised with the help of my sister, niece, brother in law, and those darling Perrys.
Shelli set me up on a blind date with my husband.
She also passed offering envelopes down the aisle so quickly that I thought perhaps she was one of Robin Hood's merry men.
She has definitely proven her worth.
G busied herself by emptying every credit card out of my wallet and placing one in each of the offering envelopes.
She then took each of them out and repeated the entire procedure about 3 times.
And then Joey and Natalie were wed!
Amen.
It was a lovely affair that I watched as I perspired heavily.
Can you see the sweat on my enormous brow/fivehead?
Caroline kept her cousin entertained at the reception.
They had props for a photo booth, and Genevieve acquainted herself rather quickly with them.
The beautiful bride posed with her son, Luke.
I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the bride and groom.
Aunt Katie with Genevieve, who looked like Eloise, only even more disheveled than that storybook character.
This one's my favorite.
Josh, Joey the groom, T and Craig.
My husband looks strangely attractive in women's sunglasses.
Katie, Caroline, Callie (not pictured) and I attended the Christmas open houses downtown that evening.
Yes, on November 8th we attended Christmas open houses.
I love it.
My tree won't be up until after Thanksgiving, but John Denver and the Muppets Sing Christmas is already playing on repeat.
We opened a beautiful sweater from Wellie when we returned on Sunday.
She made it for Genevieve for her birthday, along with a hat and a blanket.
She is so talented.
G was so proud of her sweater.
I got out my camera when I saw her heading towards her BFF right when we walked into the classroom on Monday.
"My Wellie made dis. You like?"
Too cute.











No comments:
Post a Comment