Last Saturday Megan and I went up to Naperville for Tiny Kate's baby shower. She was glowing at the beautiful shower at her childhood home, which seriously could be the Father of The Bride house.
Father Bear, Baby Bear and Mama Bear all in a row.
I just adore the family portrait of Kate's fam in the background.
Spring Break is in full swing. As most normal people do, we headed North to where it was colder than it is in Indiana.
We stayed at the American Club, which is the Kohler resort in Kohler, Wisconsin.
We started with some fried cheese curds. They were amazing.
We followed up our cheese fest with a performance by the Liverpool Legends, a Beatles cover band.
They were a hoot.
We slept great and started with coffee in the morning.
I went to a wonderful yoga class at Yoga on the Lake, a studio in the Kohler Village.
Let's talk about Kohler. This was one of the bathrooms in the hotel. Those would be pink sinks with gold faucets.
I washed my hands in each one. No lie.
The bathroom in our room was also heavenly. Jet tub, rain shower head, car wash spouts everywhere!
We visited the Kohler design room, which was amazing.
I contemplated a $30,000 bathroom renovation.
They give you free tea when you do that.
They also let you sit on a couch that was once a bathtub.
Trinity was fascinated by this $6000 toilet that lowers the lid with a swipe of your foot on the floor.
That money could save me a possible broken tailbone thanks to my careless and unloving husband!
They encourage you to try out the tubs, as long as you take your shoes off.
I enjoyed the Breakfast at Tiffany's bathroom. The movie was playing in the mirror and I just needed an eye mask and a miserable cat, both of which I had left at home.
T was drawn more towards the Liberace bathroom. Who can resist a gilded candelabra?
Then we visited the history museum of Kohler. This lavender was hot in the 50s and 60s.
Avocado was the color of choice in the 70s.
This may not interest many people, but remember I bathe like twice a day.
We then drove over to Sheboygan, which I said about 30 times in the car.
We walked the pier overlooking Lake Michigan.
It was 34 degrees and windy.
I screamed Sheboygan numerous times to the tune of Shapoopy from The Music Man.
Okay, that was my last movie reference.
Sunday night was my big excitement. I made an appointment at the Kohler Waters Spa, which is like heaven.
I sipped cucumber water and lounged by this waterfall pool for about an hour until my treatment.
My treatment was one that I had never experienced.
I had an aromatherapy bath/shower experience.
These are my oils, salts and various other goodies. I knew they were mine, because my name was on the tray.
Alyssa, my therapy lady, told me I could leave on my bathing suit or go all nude. I chose the latter.
Duh.
I have no shame.
I figured she had seen worse.
I laid on this water bed and she rubbed me all over with some exfoliation scrub. As she did this, there was a contraption that floated over me with a continuous stream of water, I wanted to sing "Working at the Car Wash." The exfoliation was gentle. I certainly didn't feel like Anthony Bouvier from Designing Women when Consuelo tried to exfoliate him.
Then she moved me into the tub that was about 2 feet away. I checked the floor for errant bars of soap as I tiptoed over, soaking wet. Let us not forget what O'Brian did to Cora on Downton Abbey.
The bathtub looked like what Ripley got out of after her like 8 year sleep in Aliens. (Final movie reference, I promise.) It kind of looked like a pod and it lit up with different colors and played music. I floated with just my face out of the water so I could feel the vibrations and the music.
It was surreal. I floated all over the place.
Weird, but I thought of Brother Robby. He is a bath man, and has always filled the tub to the brim with just his eyes, nose and mouth exposed.
He has done this since he was a little boy, and his wife reports it still happens on the reg.
After 15 minutes, Alyssa came back in and schlepped me back on the water bed, where she rubbed me down with intensive lotion that smelled divine.
I asked if I could spend the night on the table wearing my robe.
She said that was not available under policy.
I slept like for 10 hours that night and the next morning we dined on banana bread, oatmeal and coffee.
We bid adieu to this lair of luxury and drove about an hour to
Holy Hill.
It is a beautiful basilica.
I wept over this gorgeous Mary and Jesus.
Mary and I are BFFs.
I love her.
I hail her a lot.
She is full of grace and blessed among women, in case you didn't know.
We love Jesus, but we drink a little.
We finished out our trip with a stop at Milwaukee's Lakefront Brewery.
Our guide said that the bottling line was actually the one from Laverne and Shirley. I further inquired if it would be okay to put my glove on a bottle and wave. He said no.
I also made T find the address of Laverne and Shirley's apartment, which isn't really there. None the less, I broke out into song.
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight
Schemeel, schlemazel, Hasenfeff Inc
We're gonna do it!
Give us any chance - we'll take it
Read us any rule - we'll break it
We're gonna make our dreams come true....
Doin' it our way .
Schemeel, schlemazel, Hasenfeff Inc
We're gonna do it!
Give us any chance - we'll take it
Read us any rule - we'll break it
We're gonna make our dreams come true....
Doin' it our way .
Another amazing Betsy and Trinity trip in the books.
Genevieve did so well sleeping in the car both nights.
I jest! She is loving her time with Abby and Papi!





















No comments:
Post a Comment