Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2016

Hold Me Closer, Tiny Dancer


We had our magical night of dance on May 31st.
I say "our" because the whole experience turned me into a dance mom.  A dance mom who cannot dance.
G's recital evening started with a delivery from Abby and Papi.  They could not attend the show since it was on a Tuesday night.  That scheduling was really my only complaint.  It was a pain for people to get there during the week.
I'm posting this picture because it captures the awesomeness of my little family.  We take some of the most awkward pictures.  My hair looks really good though.  
Hello to Betsy's bicep.
It's really not that big.
At least I hope not.  



I was an amateur and was clueless about hair and makeup.  Just kidding.  I knew if I claimed helplessness then people would do everything for me.   It's called learned helplessness.  Many children suffer from it, including several former students.  We work that kink out quickly.
In reality, I knew she had to be dolled up but I didn't know how to do any of it.  I just brought makeup, hairspray, and enough bobby pins to pin a lot of bobbies.  
My fellow dance moms got to work.

One mom made G's face more visible without making her look like a 3 year old tart.  

Another fellow mother totally Macgyvered her hair by having me cut a hole in a sock to help "define her hair with a bun."  My job was to hand her bobby pins.  She said I was pretty bad at that.  
I got distracted.  



The finished look-


She tapped her little heart out.
Actually, she stomped.
But boy she stomped well.  9 months of stomping lessons really paid off!  
Next we quick changed for ballet.  


The ballet portion of the recital had an Alice in Wonderland theme.  G and her classmate Cordelia sidled up to Dinah, the cat.  


That's cute.  

The show was lovely and G loved every second of it.  



YaYa and Bob came to shower her with flowers.  They just handed them to her after the show.  I was kind of hoping for more drama, like throwing flowers to her on the stage.  I mean, is there anything better than that scene in Ice Castles where they throw the flowers and she trips and everyone realizes that she was blind?
Cinematic genius!  


Trinity brought flowers too.
My hair was looking way less fabulous after my overexertion due to pinning bobbies.  



Robby and Meghan cheered her on too!




I totally signed her up for year 2.


No comments: