Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 18, 2016

My 37th Birthday!

My birthday was on June 13th, like it is every year.
Trinity had to work.
Genevieve and I did not.
She had vacation bible school at our church until noon and then we got all dolled up for afternoon cake at one of my favorite spots.
The Cake Bakeshop in Broad Ripple is so lovely.
I knew the crowd would be light on a Monday around 2, so I thought this would be a good chance to take my little "lady."  
She perused the menu.



She decided on cotton candy cake and I ordered raspberry champagne cake.  


Since I am the cake connoisseur, trust me when I tell you they make the best cake ever.
The buttercream icing is amazing.
Pure buttah.
G was a tad overwhelmed by her piece and her healthy side entree of cotton candy.


She was shocked by how tasty it was!
I tried to look away as she massacred that beautiful confection.  
My child was definitely more Lizzie Borden than Eliza Doolittle.
Who stabs cake?



For such a swanky place, they do quite well with children.  She received a balloon when we arrived.  
After she finished she sang a rip roaring edition of Let's Go Fly a Kite to our fellow cake patrons.  



She spun around in her sundress to show everyone the open back.
Mother found this dress in France.
Clearly I'm talking about the France pavilion in Epcot at Disney World.
G loves that fancy frock and says "oooo la la" each time she wears it.  


We had leftovers to take home in pretty pink boxes.
G kept it together in honor of my special day.  




We finished up our outing by sitting in our driveway for another 30 minutes while she slept.  


Trinity brought home sushi from my favorite spot and I opened my new purse.  
Summer birthdays are the best.  



No comments: