Now one would think after the underground disaster of Ruby Falls we might throw in the towel for the day.
Not us!
Trinity had purchased a 3 attraction pass for Ruby Falls, Rock City, and the Tennessee Aquarium.
He saved like $6 total, and he's not one to waste money.
Plus there were lots of signs that just seemed to be encouraging us to go to Rock City.
Just a whisper in the wind straight to our ears…
SEE ROCK CITY.
We heard this whisper and saw this sign a few times, so we figured we should go.
In true threenager form, Genevieve showed us another one of her personalities and this one was very pleasant.
Sometimes I truly feel like my child is Sally Field in Sybil. I wonder which personality is going to emerge.
This one was nice, could walk very well, and was eager to SEE ROCK CITY.
So we did!
G was a climbing those trails like a little Billy Goat Gruff. So Big Billy Goat Gruff (T), Middle Billy Goat Gruff (me), and Little Billy Goat Gruff (duh) explored the rock paths and bridges.
I feared that G might emerge as the troll under the bridge at some point, but we were spared that drama.
After that busy day we checked into the house I rented on airbnb. It was my first experience, and I was quite pleased. For the price of a downtown hotel room, we had a whole house. I figured that way we could put G to bed at a decent time and not have to turn in ourselves at 7 p.m.
Oh, wait.
There are bunk beds?
So I do get to go to bed at 7!
Woot!
G wanted her best friend to sleep with her.
Her dad is not her best friend.
I relived by camp days in that bottom bunk.
On Tuesday morning I watched my husband Google how to use a french press, how to grind coffee beans, how many beans to grind, etc.
Making a cup of coffee required 25 minutes of research.
I found this to be quite funny.
After Trinity was sufficiently fueled with caffeine we dined at Milk & Honey, a darling spot in Chattanooga.
We had delicious orange juice.
G loved it. I rarely allow my child to drink juice so this was especially exciting for her.
Juice=obesity and cavities.
I have strict dietary guidelines in my house.
Whenever she requests juice, I just give her a cupcake.
I have maintained optimal health with a daily diet that includes cake of some sort.
I can only hope I pass this along to my daughter.
We went to the aquarium.
If you have been reading this foolish nonsense of a blog for any length of time you know I love aquariums and cats.
There were no cats at the aquarium.
There was another version of a face in a hole/egg.
Face in a tank full of spider crabs!
Many aquariums offer an overnight experience. I almost go into a trance when I visit an aquarium. I could sleep so well staring up at one of those tanks.
If only I wouldn't be sleeping in a sleeping bag surrounded by strangers.
Yuck.
We left our hearts in Nooga and went to see Trinity's parents in Kentucky.
Owensboro is such a sweet little town.
Genevieve loves their splash pad and park.
Abby!
Slow down on that turtle.
We rounded out our little trip with a night at sister's house.
Cousin Caroline entertained the littles. Her other cousins came with their Nana. Ava and Grace are twinsies and are almost exactly a year older than G.
She struggled with knowing who was who. It was rather funny.
She pointed at them and said, "You and you. Come get in the bath with me."
This was yet another example of childhood chatter that is no longer socially acceptable in adulthood.
They were more than happy to join in.
It was such a fun week.















No comments:
Post a Comment