Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Fall Break 2016 Week 1

The first week of Fall Break 2016 was slow moving.
Genevieve and I spent some quality time together in the great state of Indiana.  
We slept in until 6:45, woot!  We made applesauce!  We picked pumpkins!
We drank pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks and took pictures wearing giant blanket scarves that looked like they could strangle us!  
Just kidding.
This isn't that kind of blog.
Although if anyone wanted to click on a picture so I could get paid money, I'm all for it:)

We left Sweet T for a few nights to go visit my parents.
This is really the only place I can go where I don't have to do anything.
My mother takes care of my child.
I nap.
Speaking of naps, I took one and then snapped this picture from the upstairs bathroom.
Mother has revamped the patio and now it includes a pergola with twinkly lights.
This window offers serious peeping opportunities.
I must say the pergola is an improvement from the hot tub of 1995 which was the site of many make out sessions for my sister and I and our high school boyfriends.
Not at the same time, though.


Again, speaking of high school, I had the opportunity to pretend I was 17 again.  You may not know this, but I was the treasurer of the THS class of 1997.
Go ahead and take a moment to take that in.
It was almost like being POTUS.
I coined the phrase "I'm with her" for my campaign in '96.
Snarf.
Anywho…  my reunion is coming up this summer.
20 years.
Since I was once the keeper of the finances, I had to go and unlock the vault of funds.
I had to use a skeleton key, my maiden name, AND a secret decoder pin that was on my letter jacket.
I used the secret password which was our school mascot, Kimosabe.
This was before anyone realized that the giant Brave with the huge nose was offensive.
I jest.
I did not have a letter jacket.
I wasn't interested in putting my genie lamp for lettering in academics on there.
You read that right.
This genius was a regular on the exceptional honor roll every grading period.
Holler!
I did finally receive a letter for varsity basketball, but that's a story for another day.
In all seriousness, I did sign my name to gain access to all $1368.74 of our moolah.
Then I went to Nordstrom!
Ha!
Moving on…
We spent a night with Sista Katie in Newburgh.
We drove over to see Abby at our favorite park in all of the Bluegrass State!





Attack of the doting grandmothers with weird names!


We visited a pumpkin patch and I managed to snag a picture of my sister's profile.  Or is it my mother's?
I'll never tell!  


We did patch the pumpkins with Jamie, Charlotte, and Liam, but I did not take any pictures.
We finished our week at home with a trip to Trader Joe's for some snacks for our California adventure!


No comments: