Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Camping and Such

The last Saturday of my spring break included a visit to the Easter Bunny.
Genevieve let him know that she wanted anything with a unicorn on it, and marshmallow bunny chocolates.



We met Meghan and Li'l Robby.
He's balding a bit, but that hasn't affected his preciousness.




 The precious cousins nailed the bunny picture.  


I mean, have you ever?
I want him for my very own.
Seriously, I do.
I think I could pass him off as my own.
I don't think his parents would like that.


After bunny shenanigans, we met Marinda and Camille for some sweet stuff at the Cake Bake Shop.  


Sweet Camille was a sport as my child sang, colored, and did anything but sit quietly.


Marinda was helping G decide what to eat, and I photogged the glorious hair that Camille has.
It is the most beautiful hair I have ever seen.

I settled back in to work that week and then the very next weekend we went for an overnight camping adventure with Katie, Chip, and Caroline.  
Our friend from IU, Melissa, came with her husband and her daughter.
Mel set up egg dyeing.





Hadley and Genevieve spent a lot of time playing Anna and Elsa in the camper.


We did a lot of eating.


Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear dined by the campfire.



 We camped in Sullivan, near my parents' house.
Now I'm not an avid camper but even I knew that the campground was terrible.
It was like camping in a trailer park.
There were no trees and we had a primo view of what appeared to be a mental hospital.
Bob and YaYa came for dinner.
Todd had smoked pork, so naturally I ate potato chips and pineapple.


We played yard Yahtzee.


Genevieve and I reenacted the Kate/Betsy Indiana University Alpha Gamma Delta Teeter-Totterthon of 1999.



Our weight wasn't too even.
Kate and I signed on to teeter and totter for an hour representing DG for that philanthropic event.  We didn't take into account our large weight/height difference.  I thought my thighs would burn off and Kate just wiggled around in the air for an hour.  When I told this favorite story years ago, someone asked why one of us ( I can't remember who) didn't move closer to the middle to even things out.  We weren't physics majors, people.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure Genevieve and I needed to update our tetanus shots after playing on that rusty playground.  

Caroline was in charge of the s'mores.


I then slept on the top bunk on a mattress that was similar to what one might tumble on at a gymnastics center that caters to toddlers.
I also had a knee in my kidneys most of the night.
I woke up with limited mobility in my lower back and neck, and smelling like I had survived a house fire.
I rolled off the bunk to discover my better half lounging in the lower bunk.


We did have fun and Genevieve loved it.
She is ready to go again.
I may be able to go after a few sessions at the chiropractor.

No comments: