Sweet T and I went to the local mall with his parents to see "Avatar." I chuckled when I got to the mall and had some flashbacks to Honey Creek Square Mall, where I shopped when I was a child in the 80's. This place was like stepping back in time.
There was actually a "snack bar." I thought about getting some cotton candy, but decided against it.
The Showplace was even better. It looked like an after school special could be filmed there at any minute, undoubtedly starring Alyssa Milano and Corey Haim.
The ticket window was CASH ONLY. The matinee tickets were also $4!
The theatre walls were decorated with painted murals. Sweet T posed by Superman.
I loved the Disney wall. I laughed as we walked to our movie, thinking about slouchy socks and Cabbage Patch dolls. This experience was fabulous.

1 comment:
I ran to Macy's to get makeup when I was home... anything to avoid Castleton Mall in Indy! Anywho, I found myself wandering down towards SEARS at Honey Creek Mall and wondering the exact same thing. How many hours and how many laps did we walk in that mall as young hotties!?! Pretty sure it was close to a marathon!
Post a Comment