Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mom and Dad's Holiday Soiree

Mom and Dad hosted a party last night to thank all of their friends who helped when my childhood home flooded in June 2008. It was horrible, and the entire first floor of my parents' home had to be gutted and remodeled. Their friends rallied around them, and helped in various ways. Now that the house is all renovated, they invited these dear people over as a gesture of gratitude for their friendship. It was a hoot of an evening. I spilled tonic water all over about 1/2 of the guests, and Mom's enormous, Thundercat Fin bit one of the guests. Fun was had by all.
Welcome to my parents' party, y'all. I'm wearing tights, which required me to take a Xanax, and swish it down with this here Riesling. Come on in.

Papaw watches over the short tree.


The bar, fully stocked and new. Dad said most of his libations had floated down the levy in the flood, or floated past the lips of Katie and Rob in high school. I was not part of the imbibing scene in high school, unless you had some Zima and a jolly rancher. Then I was your new best friend.
Sweet Morgan, who was was 1/2 of the precious duo that I nannyed for several summers in college. She is in high school and I'm officially old.
Mom, Carla, Judi and Annette
Who likes to party, party? Chris and Bob like to party, party.
Mary Lou, Mrs. Rich, Mrs. Hassler and mother
Kathy and Judy, part of the Menopause Posse. They are part of mom's high school gal pals that travel together every summer. They all still think they are at Wiley high school, and that it is 1967 when they are all together.
Mom and Judi, posing with Katie and me from 1995 and 1997, respectively.
Nancy, Mom and April
Allison and I were all smiles in front of the bar.

No comments: