Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ah...DG!!!


My pledge sister, Alison, posted some funny pictures on Facebook from college. I may have mentioned that I spent 3 years living in the Delta Gamma house. I loved every aspect of that experience. I loved sleeping the cold dorm, where the windows remained open all winter and I had to sleep under a down comforter, 3 blankets, flannel suits and a sweatsuit. I spent my days practicing bulletin boards as an education major. I worked out a lot. I went to parties and thought I was just wild. I was not. Life was carefree.


I had to giggle about some of these pictures. I worried about my weight all of the time in college. As I look back at these pictures, I think I was being a little nutty. My shoulder is smaller than my elbow.
Fashion has changed a bit since 2001. Look at those shoes. Really? God I remember those black slides. They were Banana Republic. I was awesome. I think only my Doc Marten sandals from high school were uglier.
Don't try it, J.Crew. These fugly shoes look oddly familiar. $198? Adding a heel and a janky elastic strap does not make these clodhoppers any cuter than they looked on my version above. Oh, and stop putting ankle socks with your heels. I'm over it.


No comments: