
There's a guy who wrote a book called "Sh** my Dad Says." It's all about the ridiculous stuff his father has said throughout the years. I feel like I could write about "Sh** my Dad does for us out of the blue, that is really nice, and sometimes kinda funny." My dad is the most dependable man I know. He's predictable. He's methodical. He likes routine. As kids this was great. We always knew what Dad would do and how he would react. He was always calm and his feathers were never ruffled. My mother, in contrast, seemed like a total loose cannon, seeing as though we could get her riled pretty easily. As an adult, I realize that I am more like my mother. My sister Katie is also like my mom, and seems to enjoy getting worked up. Brother Rob must be checked moment by moment to make sure that he has a pulse and is breathing. He's definitely like our dad.
Dad is a doer. He does things like go to Starbuck's Coffee for all of us when we're home, or run to Square Donuts, one of our childhood favorites. When he finds something he likes, we all benefit. For example, about 8 years ago, Dad discovered Apple products. We call him iBob. He has it all, the iPad, iPod, iPhone. As a result, all three of his children have received Apple computers. The man knows what he likes. Case in point, a random phone call I received yesterday evening after work, that went something like this:
"Liz, I was in town today for work, and I went to a place called Five Guys Burgers. Ever been there? It's where President Obama takes people when they come to D.C. I figure, if it's good enough for the President, it's good enough for me. So I tried it. You know what, it's amazing. So I bought you and Trinity a gift card, and your brother and Meghan one too. Now I think you should go to Five Guys Burgers as soon as you get the chance."
Ever the dutiful children, the four of us went to this highly acclaimed burger joint last night. The whole experience on the whole was great. I had a grilled cheese, which was fabulous with mushrooms. We laughed and chortled over Dad and his oddities. If you haven't been to this little burger mecca, you should go. It would make iBob happy.

1 comment:
Hmmmmmm
I am pretty sure that burger joint is not going to pay for my college....
So since you jerks didn't eat McDonalds I will take a cash donation in the amount of the gift card.
Hope you enjoyed your dinner....
PS-
Bob is the best!
Post a Comment