Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 1, 2010

We heart Chick-Fil-A!

We love Chick-Fil-A. My love affair with the Chick started when I moved to North Carolina back in 2001. I had one waffle fry and I was hooked. The food court in the mall of my college town had one, but I never even stepped a foot in there. I did not know what I was missing.
Now in the South, people love the Chick. My southern husband is no exception. We go too often to mention. The new spicy chicken sandwich is divine.
We have two problems with the Chick. #1 is the whole closed on Sunday thing. I guess I appreciate their reasoning, as we love Jesus too. We just also love chicken, and think it would be divine after mass on Sunday. Problem #2 is the family fun/kids crawling all over square inch of the establishment issue. The 2nd problem surfaced this evening.
We decided we needed some Fil-A for dinner. We drove there and passed a cow on a hayride with a gaggle of ankle biters in the parking lot. We should have turned back, but we couldn't. We could already smell the nuggets. We ventured in. There was not a single booth or table open. The place was filled with balloons. And children. I could smell children from the parking lot too.
Now any normal people would have grabbed the food to go and eaten it in the car. We aren't normal people. Trinity refuses to eat in the car. He won't do it. He says it gets too messy. So we were forced to do this-

We ate on the tailgate of his truck. We also waved to the hay riders.
Seriously?
The evil temptress sandwich.
Our Fridays are so exciting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it. We love the chick too. Sometimes I take a chicken nugget tray to an adult party and it's gone in minutes. Even the chicken salad is good...oh, and those morning biscuits. I may have to go today...can I borrow your truck?