but I'm not. Sassy Mother Nature has unleashed her wrath on the midwest. T and I were scheduled to leave last night for our adventure in Colorado, but all air travel has been suspended. School is cancelled. Did you know that you can spell cancelled both cancelled and/or canceled? I usually use the two l version, but was seeing the other spelling. I checked on that. I can't stand when things are not spelled correctly.
Back on topic, my trip was rescheduled. I'm not saying when. I can't have one of my ten readers break into my 1176 square foot castle and plunder it. I am internet saavy, you see. The great thing is that the trip will be better and we get to stay longer. It worked out nicely, and Frontier changed our tickets for no charge!
Speaking of my tiny castle, I'm tired of it. We had a snow, or rather "ice" day yesterday and today. This is rare, peeps. Recall I stayed home with the flu 3 days last week. I'm so tired of this place. I see a lot of this-
Princess K in her little sherpa lined donut thingy that my mother bought her. She didn't really get a cat suitcase bed from Etsy. That's just ridiculous.
I'm seriously bored. I got all jazzed about going to a noon pilates class at my studio today. Twas not to be. They decided to cancel it. Travel isn't all that safe right now.
I was forced to do this-
that's one jank pilates studio. My instructor wasn't great either. Ana Caban of Gaiam video fame. She's not funny and quirky like my normal girls. Plus I was by myself, hence no laughing at other people.
The weather was no match for my Chick-fil-a chargrilled chicken craving. T agreed to take me on an adventure. I hadn't left the house since Monday evening.
I got dressed and was excited.
Now, I've explained before that normally I move at a sloth like pace. Today was an exception. I bounded off my back steps like there wasn't an inch of ice on it, and I wasn't out of school due to travel hazards. Trinity claims I leaped out the back door.
This is the scene of the accident.
The unfortunate series of events went like this:
A whole lotta woman went tumbling ass first down those steps, all Jack and Jill like.
Feet out straight ahead, ass hits first step, boom down step 2 and lands on the sidewalk. Lower back hits lower step. Mouth opens, wailing commences. Husband leaps from truck to rush to big girl's side. Teacher friend Kathy drives by at just this second with her husband Rick and witnesses this entire debacle. They WAVE! It all happened so fast. I had to call her once I was again mobile and assure her that I had failed in my Olympic attempt to break my tailbone. She was greatly relieved.
I'm now back on the couch, recovering from my injuries, which most likely will include a bruised rump, back and shoulder. Pure grace, people, pure grace. This is why I won't be skiing in Aspen at an undisclosed time.

No comments:
Post a Comment