So my darling sister calls me tonight and insists that I take this personality test. I've heard of these things before, as they are used to help people find their best careers, interests, etc. I was hesitant to take it. Katie insisted. It went like this-
K: "Please take it."
B: "I know what my personality type is already. Selfish jerk. I'm well aware of my shortcomings."
K: "Don't be silly. That's not one of the options."
So with her pushiness, which is not a part of her personality by the way, I took it.
I went to this website:
and clicked on Jung Typology Test.
I took it and got my results. No sooner had I read through my profile was my sister calling for my personality.
She began with hers. Katie, and also my mother, are Guardian Protectors. Duh! Their personalities:
We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.
Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.
A famous Guardian Protector you might recognize? Mother Teresa.
I shared my results.
I am a rational fieldmarshall. Some of my personality traits include:
Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures.
They cannot not build organizations, and cannot not push to implement their goals. When in charge of an organization, whether in the military, business, education, or government, Fieldmarshals more than any other type desire (and generally have the ability) to visualize where the organization is going, and they seem able to communicate that vision to others.
A famous rational fieldmarshall? Napoleon.
Story of my life, peeps. I am bossy, judgmental, and I enjoy leading and being in charge. My sister and mother put everyone before themselves and are particularly attached to family heirlooms. I suggest you take this test, as it will likely confirm what you already know about yourself!

No comments:
Post a Comment