Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Imbibing Adventures

This week I have been enjoying my fall break with a lot of lounging.  I went to the dentist, read a book and attended a few yoga and pilates classes.  When Trinity arrived home on Friday afternoon I was ready to rock the party.  We drove down to Bargersville for some vino at Mallow Run Winery.

The weather was great, so the bartender served outside.

 T and I had a little photo session that started with a cheerleader move, 
 moved straight to a regular eyes on camera shot, 
and culminated in a "I'm looking in the horizon, pretending that this $14 bottle of wine hasn't gone straight to my head.  I'm tingling!!!"


My shirt is the area code for Indy, in case you're wondering.  I got it at my yoga studio and liked the looks of it, but really did have to double check the meaning of those digits with Amy, my pal and owner extraordinaire.  She assured me that it was totally  an awesomesauce shirt, and since she was wearing one at the time, I agreed.

On Saturday we traveled to Lawrenceburg, Kentucky to finish up the Bourbon Trail.  As I have mentioned before, we love a good distillery tour.  Here is an old pic from one of our first weekends together, back in February of 2008.  I think this is Jim Beam-

We were unaware of the love that would blossom.  I was aware, however, that I had to get a hold of that man's hair.  It took 2 years, but eventually I conquered Trinity's local weatherman hairstyle.  

This photo was taken at Jack Daniels, on the distillery tour back in 2007.  I remember the date because it's printed at the bottom of the picture.  See us in the middle?  Those are the faces of two young pups who had met a mere 22 days earlier, had spent hours on the telephone, and were enjoying their "first date."  

That first "date" lasted like 3 days and 2 nights.  My mother wasn't thrilled with that arrangement, but in the interest of full disclosure, I told her.  I let my sister and mother know exactly where he lived, in case he murdered me.  
That risk paid off, because that silly man married me.  I highly recommend a first date road trip.  It worked for me.
Anywho...we started the Bourbon Trail in Kentucky in 2008 and went to three distilleries.  3 years later we decided we should go to a couple more.

The building at Four Roses was really cool.


 Our tour guide, Agnes, was not.
She was tiny.  I got the barrel in the background for scale.  She also wasn't very engaging.

 If smelling mash pits was a full time job, I would apply.  I love that funky smell.  
I think I lost an earring in there.

Agnes rocked the tasting room with a drive thru audio system on her head.  She also barely reached over the bar.  When she paused for questions, I raised my hand to ask mine.
"Are you the principal from Kindergarten Cop?"
Seriously, T stopped me.  He said that was inappropriate.  

My face says "this is delicious!"  It is so not delicious.
Husband loved it.  He drank my samples.  We switched drivers after that.

It was enthusiasm, not bourbon, that propelled me on to this turkey barrel at Wild Turkey distillery.


Yee haw!!! Gobble gobble gobble.

No comments: