Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Running and Blessing


Look at this running guru.
You might recall that Sweet T ran my school district's fundraising 5K race last year in his khaki pants. What a difference a year makes.

This year he was official with an entry number and fancy running attire.  I stayed home and drank my chai tea as the race route brought him running right by our front porch (stoop).  
I even filmed him.

You're welcome for my awesome video skills.  Turn your head to see Trinity run.
We went to church after the race for a special animal blessing.  Father Larry had a quick prayer service for St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.  Naturally, we had to take our special little sassafrass to get blessed.

T was worried that Kashmir would make her 2nd great escape, but I knew better.  There were two American Eskimo dogs 2 feet away.  Miss Puss wasn't going anywhere.  She was actually quite calm.

Kashmir got the sign of the cross on her little furry head.

Here we are with the Virgin Mary.  This reminded me of my 1st Communion pose I posted a while ago.  We had a beautiful day to pray that our precious kitty cat lasts another 10 years with us, minus the random pooping on the floor.

Father Larry gave her some kitty treats and she retreated back to her pet taxi.  She had had enough at this point, and mooned us with her furry behind.  

I spent the rest of the day visiting with my friend Mandy before she returns to Doha.  We went for a cocktail at our favorite Ball and Biscuit last night.

I broke out the boots.  It's fall, y'all.

No comments: