Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Nashville Night Out

I finally got some of my besties down to Nashville for a fun little one night trip on Saturday.  Jamie, Allison and I left from my house and rolled onto Broadway a mere 3 hours and 45 minutes later.  Jamie bested my record time to Nashville of 4 hours.  We met sister Katie at the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Even after countless trips to Music City, I had never darkened the doors of this fine establishment.  It cost $20 and that bought us the privilege of looking at a lot of rhinestone encrusted cowboy hats and various stage attire donned by famous country crooners.  
There was a display with Brad Paisley's suit and Carrie Underwood's dress from the last time they hosted the Country Music Awards.  He is even smaller than she is.  They also had a dress that Leann Rimes wore when she was a wide eyed teenager who sang a killer rendition of Blue.  Now she's a husband stealin', US Weekly cover model with anorexia and a bad set of veneers.  That would make excellent lyrics for a new hit.
We dined at Robert's Western World, my favorite.  Our waitress brought us our food and then immediately hit the stage to sing.  That is yet another reason to love Nashville.  Everyone is working to try to hit it big.


 I love this photo.  Dr. Eyes Allison told me that I have larger than average pupils, causing more light to refract and thus giving me creepy coyote eyes in most iPhone flash photos.  Her advice was to look slightly down under the lens as my photo is snapped.  I looked at a lot of  photographer's boobs this weekend instead of directly at the camera, but it didn't seem to work.  
 Tootsie's Wild Orchid Lounge was filled with Georgia co eds and their Bieber haired boyfriends.  They played Vanderbilt that afternoon.  


 In the evening we went to my beloved Patterson House for some delicious cocktails pre dinner.  Mine had vodka, grapefruit juice and some other goodness.
 Our sushi at Virago was divine.  This picture was sent to our mother.
 It was preceded by this rather flattering closed eyes no flash winner- 
 and this real knee slapper. 

We retired to our hotel to do what most people do after a night out. We did some yoga moves.  It was like break dance fighting, but with yoga moves.  Here is my rather shaky crow, with one foot still yet to take flight-

I naively once thought this was my most awkward sister photo.

Until Katie took this at 6:45 in the morning to send our mother.
We are truly captivating, don't you agree? 

We wrapped up our weekend with breakfast at Fido, an automobile tour of Vanderbilt and Belmont, and a good three hours at Green Hills.  As far as purchases, nothing spoke to me.  Except for my mother, requesting a birthday gift.  Mission accomplished.  
Nashville=favorite city within 4 hours.

1 comment:

meezo said...

We are going to Nashville this weekend. Rae is looking at Belmont for round 2. I love Nashville! So glad you had a fun time.