Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Epic Move Continues...

The move that is lasting longer than The Civil War continues.  Trinity moved out of his storage unit last Saturday, so this week has included many little stops by the house to settle a few things here and there.  My mother was kind enough to bring her fabulous cleaning lady to clean my house.
Mom and Janice spent a day cleaning my floors, cabinets, baseboards and trim.  
Those little surfaces better relish that experience.
I didn't  even know you were supposed to clean those spaces.
You live and learn.
We stopped by the house and found that my mom had "styled" the fireplace.




 She set up my most favoritist piece of art ever.
Allow me to introduce you to Jane-
She's amazing!
That would be my mother's portrait at age 12.
My always hip Nanny took her prepubescent daughter with a seriously bad haircut to sit for a portrait back in the day.
Jane posed for a local art student and this was the result.
Who knew that 50 years later that portrait would grace my mantel?

It might not be everyone's taste, but it's mine.
Quite chic in my opinion, and I love her!

My husband has been overly jubilant as he unpacks his loot that has been holed up since April of 2010.
I had forgotten about a lot of his decor.
Palm trees and monkeys are a running theme throughout his home items.

I set up some of it by the tub-

thus immediately transforming our bathroom into a Tommy Bahama button down shirt.

This little beauty is a personal favorite of mine

Terrifying.
Trinity claims she is a mermaid, but I think she is one of the Sirens that lured sailors with their songs and then drowned them.
She might give me nightmares.

I might let her live in this tree light...

like one of the Keebler elves.
That is a lamp/sculpture.
Jealous?

Poor Sweet T is such fodder for my blog.  He is always such a good sport about it.
He was thrilled to find his cuckoo clock.

He got it in Germany, so I'll embrace it as a memento from some of his wonderful travels.

Lastly, I downloaded a new app for my phone.
It's called CatPaint.

It allows you to add cats to any of your photos. 

Now I know what you're thinking.
Betsy, you always have cats in your photos.
True.
Although there are times when a cat would be lovely, but isn't socially acceptable.

For instance, we celebrated Robeghan's engagement out in Broad Ripple.  
You know who couldn't attend?
Their ridiculously affectionate and obese cat, Ziggy.

I fixed that tonight.
The cats can also shoot lasers if that appeals to you.
You can thank me later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the young one told me I had to read the blog tonight. And a big thanks to her and to you for the laser eyes!!!!