Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kashmir's Sire

Kitty silliness was in full swing this week.  Special K spent a lot of time napping on our bed.
 She has also found a new spot to get her stare on.  She gazes endlessly into the shower.  A friend mentioned that she might be able to see herself.  Brilliant!  I never would have thought of that.
K has been struggling with her allergy issues and has been working on gnawing off her hind quarters and lady bits as if she has been caught in a trap in the woods somewhere.  
She is going to a new vet on Tuesday.  
I started hunting through my papers for her medical records and discovered her official Cat Fancier's Association paperwork.
Special K will be 13 in May.  
Her true name is Princess Kashmir of Allendale.
She was conceived in a fit of fur balling between one Abby Belle Princess and New Way Rocky Bo VanDamm. 
Her father, aka sire, was named after some serious action stars.  He must have been one tough kitty.
I need only think of his name and I collapse into fits of snorts.

I found this darling picture on my phone.


We busted out the grill this weekend.  I sat outside wrapped in a blanket and read InStyle while T worked.  



Sunday we went to church and then hosted a little grilling session with my parents and Rob and Meghan.  
I can't even explain how wonderful it is to have this new house with outdoor entertaining space.

I've always been entertaining. 
Now I can do it outside.

Lastly, my precious little abode now has new residents.

sniff, sniff.
Thanks to Craig's List we had a slew of people who wanted my first home within  a few short hours.
A new family is moving in this week.
They are thrilled with it and are so excited to rent my home as they save for their own.

It makes me misty eyed.  I bought that house on my own and I will always remember that feeling.
Now someone else will build a life there.
Bittersweet!

No comments: