Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day and Other Stuff

This year's green day was not exciting.  We did zilch.  Nada.  It was a beautiful day, but I was feeling really tired.  I was in cleaning and napping mode.  I also found a picture of a much more exciting St. Patrick's Day of the past-
I think this was 2005 or 2006.
Jamie and I took personal days from our 1st graders to go rock the tent at The Golden Ace.  It was definitely the rowdiest March outing of my career.   If I recall correctly, I think we encountered a small person costumed as a leprechaun peeing in the parking area outside of the tent.  Those were good times.

This year I attempted to be festive by eating an Irish cream chocolate truffle and by wearing green to pilates.

I give you an almost 14 week bump picture.
Jazzy, right?  
T has taken countless bare belly pictures of me over the last 10 weeks and they reveal nothing more than my bare belly.  I'll spare you.

My pilates class was a bust.  Now I will begin a short description of how my life has changed in the last 2 months.
My energy/activity level ebbs and flows.  It mostly ebbs.
For example, I went to a barre pilates class on Wednesday.  I felt amazing.  I felt like Rocky in Rocky VIIII when he is training in that old barn in the snowy Soviet Union.  I could hear Eye of the Tiger playing in my head and I was a She Beast.  I almost ripped the ballet barre from the wall.  With my toes.  That's how strong and great I felt.

Then Thursday came.  By 3:00 by 3rd graders were asking if I was okay as I literally put my head down on the table as they were reading.  I got in bed at 4:00 p.m. and was only summoned from my boudoir by the smell of a Qdoba burrito at 6:30.  

Saturday was a repeat of Thursday.  I spent a lot of time lounging on my mat while others did butt lifts. 

I also realized how gnarly my feet were.  I got a pedicure and took a secret photo of my favorite pedi man.  He's adorable and barely speaks a word of English.  He rubs my feet with oil and lotion and then goes to town on my heels with a device that looks suspiciously like a potato peeler. 


Those knees are great!  

T and I watched Murray bite it against Marquette and IU win in a nail biter.  I didn't bite my nails, though!!! I gave them up for Lent.  

Here is Kashmir, with her naked and shaved baboon's butt.  She was shaved at the Vet on Tuesday, due to a plethora of matted fur on her nether regions.  


She looks as though she backed into a fan.  
The fun at our house continues.

No comments: