Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 25, 2012

We are Refined

This was a particularly long week, so on Friday afternoon, after school, my dear friend Corrie and I went to see The Hunger Games.  Although we are in our early 30s, we squealed with delight and covered our eyes like two prepubescent girls.  I think Corrie cried at one point:)  I love that girl.  We are book nerds, so we had read the trilogy.  I am a pretty tough cinematic critic, and I thought it was a great film adaptation of the book.  So there.  Go see it.  you won't be disappointed.  
I must add the character who plays Gale is dashing.  I won't even hold it against him that he dates Hannah Montana aka Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter.  What a shame.

On Saturday night T and I went to the theatre.
We saw God of Carnage at the IRT.  That venue is beautiful, and the play was amazing.
The entire 90 minutes of the play had only four characters, all acting in one extended scene on one set.  Two sets of parents meet to discuss a playground fight between their 11 year old sons, and all hell breaks loose.  I thought my teaching experience made it particularly hilarious, but Trinity laughed a lot too.  

We went to dinner at Adobo and I inhaled a lion's share of guacamole.  The lady couldn't mix that heavenly concoction of cilantro, avocados, lime and tomatoes fast enough for moi.  I practically beat on the table with my fork as she mixed.  You really can't take me anywhere.
Especially when they are shaking margaritas and mamacita can't have one.  

We hit up a relatively new bar downtown, The Libertine.  The swank decor reminded me of Allison's house.  Grey walls and white antlers and busts on the walls.  Very hip.  They had Sazeracs, and boy does my man love a Sazerac.  The bartenders wore Gavin Degraw style fedoras, vests, and jeans.  I like that look.  Trinity wasn't having it.  He said if I buy him a vest he shan't be wearing it.  We'll see.

Bartender made me the "I feel sorry for you because you are getting thicker, can't drink fun cocktails, but congrats on the baby" drink.  He mixed all kinds of juice, sugar and some ginger ale stuff and put it in a fancy glass so I felt all special.

I took a picture, sans flash.
This place was cool, and I wasn't bringing it to the attention of all the other patrons that I still like to photog, sorority girl style.  


I am also in the throes of planning a Babymoon.  T thinks I'm going to be a beached whale this summer and is refusing to take me to any spots I have suggested.  Austin, Scottsdale, and Rosemary Beach, Florida are out.  He says I'll be too hot and my stomach will itch and I will lay in the air conditioned room and only want to be fanned and drink lemonade.  
I believe we have reached a compromise-












The Tides Beach Club in Kennebunkport, Maine.  Beach, yoga, cruiser bikes and only like 75 degrees in the summer.  Perhaps I won't melt.  We'll see. 


Lastly, damn you Pinterest.  You are a giant time suck that makes me daydream and wish my wardrobe was better.  I found this beauty-


I have done extensive research, and this only appears to be available in Japan.  Kashmir is relieved.  Perhaps we'll Babymoon in Tokyo.

No comments: